Bowhunt or die

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
Dropped the .22, looking for something more. As an avid fly fisher i wasnt suprised to find a bow in my hand again. Been improving my groups but i wasnt gunna get anywhere with an chuck of wood i call a bow. Just picked up a real loght pse and looking to do some damage.

I have a goal to drop a turkey or at least try this november. But in the mean time i want to work on my shot. Looking to chase some jack rabbits before then. Sounds like a blast. Anyone have any suggestions close to northern san diego (san marcos) or some desert enviroment areas. Any informartion would be awesome.

Hope to add the the forum and meet some of you guys. Anyone ever wanna toss a fly let me know, my line gets wet at least once a week.

Why don’t you get a deer tag. You have until Saturday to apply. I would reccomend an A22 leave the Turks alone until spring and go after a deer it will ruin your life.

so i didnt get to apply this year but next year will be a different story.
update:
i have completed my onoine classes and will attend a hunter safety course 14 JUL 18. pretty excited. one step closer and getting outside and using my bow.
i have e-scouted some spots and have had boots on ground for have of them and i think i found some small game fields.
got some predator diaphragm calls and hopefully i can drop a coyote or a bobcat this year.
i have most of my gear ready to go!
thanks for all the information on this forum

hunt safe.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu