Boy attacked by shark

I had a close call close to Ensanadq Mexico. Skin Diving Spear fishing.
I was face to face with a big mako.
I did crap my pants. Not really.
But any one remember the episode of Jaws were a diver came face to face to that big great white. Where he screamed like a baby under water.
That was me.
I quit diving after that. And I stay above water. I was lucky.
I pray for this young boy and his family for a full recovery.
LB

The man in the gray suit is always lurking... I know divers off Pt Loma get buzzed every now and then but it never gets reported if no one gets bit. I've had my share of shark encounters during my spearfishing days but was lucky to come back whole. The real crazies are the dudes that ab dive in NorCal.. cold water, low vis, swell, and smack dab in the red triangle. Sketchy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The man in the gray suit is always lurking... I know divers off Pt Loma get buzzed every now and then but it never gets reported if no one gets bit. I've had my share of shark encounters during my spearfishing days but was lucky to come back whole. The real crazies are the dudes that ab dive in NorCal.. cold water, low vis, swell, and smack dab in the red triangle. Sketchy

That's crazy, but abalone is delicious.

Glad the kid is going to make it. Hope he can get back in the water sooner than later.

I consider myself incredibly adventurous. But I do not have the balls to get in the water at night. I just cant get the thought of a shark out of my head long enough for me to enjoy it.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Glad the kid is going to make it. Hope he can get back in the water sooner than later.

I consider myself incredibly adventurous. But I do not have the balls to get in the water at night. I just cant get the thought of a shark out of my head long enough for me to enjoy it.
Night diving is a cool idea until you accidentally drop your dive light (didn't have a wrist tether). Gets dark really quick.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
We all need to remember that we are the aliens here and prepare ourselves for what might happen, Glad to hear that he want's to get back in the water, Lion's, rattlesnakes or sharks were here long before we came and it will forever will be their habitat that we have chosen to live within it. I grew up in Del Mar and dived the shores locally for lobsters and abalone when they were legal. I saw big scary fish that scared me many time's (Shark's that I could not identify) Back then I was good with it because no one depended on me and it was my choice, White sharks are back because of the marine mammal laws so the stakes have changed. Pick your Game and go

Reactions: rbduffer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu