Brocock Commander Magnum .25 Full Field Review/Hunt

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to receive the New Brocock Commander Magnum .25 with Desert Tan Cerakote. This is a PCP gun manufactured in England for the USA market. I have wanted this gun since last October and one of the reasons is it's folding. The AR style stock folds down to make the gun more compact for traveling. Airguns Of Arizona outfitted me with this gun to torture test and that I certainly did. I tested a variety of ammo including some NSA custom made 35gr bullets that are not yet available. Marley and I packed the motorhome and spent a total of 4 days in the field filming our adventure with the gun. I was able to take a few jackrabbits with one being kangaroo size. I used my time to scout for Quail and Cottontail for the upcoming hunting seasons....this will be a GREAT year I can promise you. I tried being very discreet with the areas I was hunting but a few may know exactly where it was, feel free to PM me for some good pointers on birds. Here is the long video that may require a few beers to get through but I think it may be well worth the watch, BTW the Rattlers are out in numbers so be careful where you step or run dogs.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I like that it's design puts the air tank in front of the trigger. I cringe at some of the designs which place the tank by the shooter.

Thank you....For the price point is the Marauder a good gun?

The newer Marauders implemented a De-Ping modification that folks with the originals were doing to eliminate the "Ping!" that you would hear in the action after each shot. (I think they called it a De-Resonator?) I'd just say make sure you're getting an MRod (nickname for them) with the De-Pinger in it.

You can take a yote with the .25 cal one. And they are really really quiet! Definitely get a synthetic to save some weight. Remember, you still have to put a scope on it.

@rbduffer - Go plug the numbers (33gr 900fps, pick a BC from a similar .22LR round) into a ballistic calc program (Such as Nikon's Spoton), and go see what it says drop is at 100yd and 120yd.

That's the beauty of Science (The Laws of Physics) Truduct.

They don't care about your *feelings*.

Guys, The holdover will depend on what power a scope is set to with a standard FFP scope. To give an idea when I was shooting at those bottles at 150 I was not able to turn my 3-12x44 scope up to 12 power or else you run it out....so I kept it at 7 power. One of my other guns has 50moa built into the picatinny rail, ideal for longer ranges. When hunting Jackrabbits I keep my scope at 3 power because I like having a wide field of view and it makes quick shots easier.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu