CA 2013 Book now available.... A-22 NOW A PREMIUM HUNT!

d16ridgehiker

Oct 26, 2011
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/publications/digest/.

Now you would have to burn your points if you apply in the drawing to get an A-22 tag. :(

Upon further reading you can get it as a first tag if:

If any premium deer hunt tags remain after the Big Game Drawing, First-Deer Tag applicants may apply for any leftover premium deer hunt tags starting at 8:00 a.m. on July 2, 2013

or as a Second Deer Tag if:
A Second-Deer Tag may be used to obtain the following:
• Unrestricted Deer Hunt Tags
• Restricted Deer Hunt Tags
• Leftover Premium Deer Hunt Tags issued on
August 2, 2013

Didnt see the separate forum for Hunt/Drawing info. Please move if need be. Dont want to duplicate the topic.

WoW there goes the late season hunt IM sad I would give the rifle season for that hunt. So the only thing to do is a AOtag.

Wonder how many people will actually burn their points for this tag. I'm sitting on three points right now and there is no way I'm going to burn them on an A-22 tag.

I remember back in the early-mid 90's A-22 was a premium tag and they would only sell around 200 of them.

I would hope that they wont sell out in the draw because of the point issue. You could always apply for the point as your 1st choice and a-22 as your 2nd choice and still pull the tag

Un-freakin real. Just saw that on another site. A tag with low success rates and poor genetics (when comparied to true premium units). There are a few bombers that are killed every year down here but now to be considered a premium unit!? The only good thing is that I don't care obout deer points in CA. I'll apply and hope I get drawn.......then get an AO tag. Never did I think I'd be applying for A-22............

Dang that sucks . I hope A22 doesn't stay a premium tag .

If you apply for A-22 first choice you shouldn't have a problem drawing the tag. If you dont put in for the draw, try and jump on it as soon as you can. Looking at last years table it didn't fill out in the draw. It sold out 16 days after the draw.

Don't forget guy's D16, next year will more than likely be a draw to. We as local hunters are getting the shaft quik unless you draw no more september-january sad sad day.

My theory behind this is the fairly new online licensing process. Its so easy and convient, people who weren't normally buying tags, are buying them now at the click of a button.

Breacher said:
My theory behind this is the fairly new online licensing process. Its so easy and convient, people who weren't normally buying tags, are buying them now at the click of a button.

In addition to that I think people were buying 2 tags at a time where as now youll only get 1. Im hoping its an easy draw as a first choice as some people wont want to burn up their points. I also dont think 1000 people will put a-22 as their first choice. If you look at the g-13 stats youll see that only 767 people put in for that tags as a first choice. I cant believe someone actually burned 3 points to get that tag.

Just got off the phone with F&W. You can get a premium tag with your 1st choice and then purchase the a-22 after aug 1st if any are left over. You wouldnt burn your points if a-22 is purchased after aug 1st.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu