CA Application Day!

MasonP

Nov 21, 2021
What are y'all puttin in for this year?

I put in for a D14 deer tag for the draw, a normal D16 deer tag, and points for elk (since, having 0 points, I knew there was no chance). Slapped on the Upland bird validation and stamp also. Not 100% sure if Im doing ducks this go around, as thats the last of the gear I dont have, but we will find out as the year progresses.

I'll draw G13 and D16 - Although, I have always been tempted by D12.

Elk/Antelope/Sheep. If my numbers are correct I have a 100% chance of drawing all 3. Not really, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: MasonP
For sure but a rough hunt that requires boots on the ground way before the season and a bit of luck. Have hunted it and seen some good ones but not easy. Haven't looked lately but it might be a draw hunt with challenging odds.
Was up there last season, burned 7 points and wooned a tank… lots of quality bucks up high

Reactions: Stikbrandon and NBK
Points for Elk, Pronghorn and Big Horn Sheep. Then the usual deer choices G3, X12 and G13. Hopefully draw a G13 and scoop up a D-16 for a 2nd tag leftover.

Still up in the air as to where I want to hunt this year be one or two of the following: D16,G13, X10 (archery), A22.

Any of you 16ers wanna burn a point or 2 and grab an M7 tag...I know a guy who has a half acre ..told me he saw a doe on it last season...

I bought a D16 yesterday but hope to get an A22 leftover. What is the date when the leftover tags become available for purchase? Also, if I understand correctly, since I bought a D16 I am ineligible for the draw [want a muzzleloader tag for San Diego before I get an A22]. Thanks for any advice.

I bought a D16 yesterday but hope to get an A22 leftover. What is the date when the leftover tags become available for purchase? Also, if I understand correctly, since I bought a D16 I am ineligible for the draw [want a muzzleloader tag for San Diego before I get an A22]. Thanks for any advice.
Says 7/2 on website

I was playing around with the system today to see what the total damage was gonna be, and it allowed be to both put in a draw app and straight out purchase a D16 as a second tag.

Just curious, if I take a draw tag as tag 1. Then do an AO archery tag, can I later turn in the AO(if not filled) and swap for an open rifle tag?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu