California Avalable Deer Tag List (updated regularly)

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Below is the list available as of 5/31/13 @ 6:05 PM

Attachments

• Deertags1.jpg
    Deertags1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
Does it not show the draw tag's .... Example A22????? Or did more people put in for it than tags available ?

stikbrandon said:
Does it not show the draw tag's .... Example A22????? Or did more people put in for it than tags available ?

It wouldn't show tags available because its a premium tag and the drawing won't happen for at least 10 days after the deadline.

Thanks.

When do the left over premium tags get posted ? If they do at all?

I can't get on dfg's website right now to make sure but if my memory is right for people that haven't purchased a deer tag yet then they will be available July 1st at something like 8am. And people purchasing A22 for their 2nd tag they will be available August 1st at 8am.

fordfan1 said:
I can't get on dfg's website right now to make sure but if my memory is right for people that haven't purchased a deer tag yet then they will be available July 1st at something like 8am. And people purchasing A22 for their 2nd tag they will be available August 1st at 8am.
cool! ill be on the look out!

Dates are off by one day. As a first tag applicant its July 2nd and second tag its Aug 2nd.

AVAILABLE IUR DEER TAGS AS OF: 6/5/2013 8:43:47 AM

AO Archery-Only 98,573
A Zone 61,568
B Zones 31,678
D3-5 Zone 31,311
D6 Zone 8,042
D7 Zone 6,980
D8 Zone 7,492
D9 Zone 1,392
D10 Zone 609
D11 Zone 5,141
D13 Zone 3,704
D14 Zone 2,581
D15 Zone 1,417
D16 Zone 1,142
D19 Zone 1,261
A17 Archery Hunt in Zone X9B 287
A18 Archery Hunt in Zone X9C 303
A19 Archery Hunt in Zone X10 73
A32 Ventura/Los Angeles Late Season Archery 204

Can someone better explain to me the AO tag, I've heard a lot about it and seems like the best bet for archery hunter in San Diego. Is that true?

John_Gilmore said:
Can someone better explain to me the AO tag, I've heard a lot about it and seems like the best bet for archery hunter in San Diego. Is that true?

AO tag is a buck only, archery tag that can be used in any general zone that is not a premium unit, meaning you would have to draw the tag. I get an AO tag because I hunt a zone in Northern California AND down here in San Diego. If you were only going to bow hunt here in San Diego, I would just get the D-16 tag. Then you could bow hunt OR rifle hunt depending on what you wanted. Also get the A-22 which is a split season, either sex archery tag. If you only hunted down here, the only reason I can think of for getting AO would be if D-16 sold out. Make sense?

As of today Wednesday 06/12/2013

Attachments

• DFG1.jpg
    DFG1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
413 d16 left??? people must be on a buying spree if they didnt get into the drawing. Either that or they didnt want to waste points on drawing a22 and got the point and then bought two d-16 tags?? Hope they dont sell out before july 2nd or they will be a draw next year. It looks as though it will definitely be a restricted tag though because Im sure it will sell out before the Aug deadline.

Who wouldve thought d16 would be a premium or restricted tag? Crazy..... I would think that after next year though it would go back to normal.

Breacher said:
John_Gilmore said:

AO tag is a buck only, archery tag that can be used in any general zone that is not a premium unit, meaning you would have to draw the tag. I get an AO tag because I hunt a zone in Northern California AND down here in San Diego. If you were only going to bow hunt here in San Diego, I would just get the D-16 tag. Then you could bow hunt OR rifle hunt depending on what you wanted. Also get the A-22 which is a split season, either sex archery tag. If you only hunted down here, the only reason I can think of for getting AO would be if D-16 sold out. Make sense?

Breacher:

Considering that d-16 might go premium next year I was wondering about your quote regarding AO tag and not being able to hunt a premium tag zone.. So i looked it up.

Archery-Only (AO) Hunt Tag
The AO (Archery-Only) tag allows hunting with archery equipment only during the archery and general seasons in A, B, or D zones. To hunt during an X zone archery season, you must have an Area-Specific Archery Hunt tag for the appropriate zone. You may not possess a firearm or crossbow when hunting under the authority of an Archery-Only deer tag except as otherwise provided.

The reason im asking is it doesnt seem to indicate that you couldnt use it on a premium tag D zone like d-17 or d-12.and like d-16 could become. What do you think?

Available tags as of 6/13/2013 @ 5:31 PM

Attachments

• Deertags2.jpg
    Deertags2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
dano626 said:
Breacher said:
John_Gilmore said:

Breacher:

Considering that d-16 might go premium next year I was wondering about your quote regarding AO tag and not being able to hunt a premium tag zone.. So i looked it up.

The AO (Archery-Only) tag allows hunting with archery equipment only during the archery and general seasons in A, B, or D zones. To hunt during an X zone archery season, you must have an Area-Specific Archery Hunt tag for the appropriate zone. You may not possess a firearm or crossbow when hunting under the authority of an Archery-Only deer tag except as otherwise provided.

The reason im asking is it doesnt seem to indicate that you couldnt use it on a premium tag D zone like d-17 or d-12.and like d-16 could become. What do you think?

Until the DFG says otherwise, you can use an AO tag to hunt in the A, B or D zones. I see where I may have confused you by saying "premium unit, meaning you would have to draw the tag." Just as it says, it doesn't allow you to hunt the "X" zones. AO is a great tag to have in my opinion. Gives you a LOT of area you can hunt. I use it up north as a back up to the bear tag in my pocket. You never know when you might see a deer while bear hunting. ;D

Breacher said:
dano626 said:
Breacher said:
John_Gilmore said:

Breacher:

Until the DFG says otherwise, you can use an AO tag to hunt in the A, B or D zones. I see where I may have confused you by saying "premium unit, meaning you would have to draw the tag." Just as it says, it doesn't allow you to hunt the "X" zones. AO is a great tag to have in my opinion. Gives you a LOT of area you can hunt. I use it up north as a back up to the bear tag in my pocket. You never know when you might see a deer while bear hunting. ;D

Ok cool, thats what i thought. Its not even deer season this year yet and im already thinking about what my options will be for next year! Good luck to you on your hunts this year. :)

JoseC. said:
when will we be able to purchase an a22 tag if available? ??? ??? ???

I just called for you. "As early as July 2nd" is what the lady at the DFG office told me over the phone. She said their are leftover A-22 tags.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu