California elk proposal

It should provide more opportunities for people with max points. Not much change for the rest of us.

It should provide more opportunities for people with max points. Not much change for the rest of us.

Do you know how many have max? I have Max -1 points and am wondering how long my wait for a Tule bull is.

In general I agree with the changes however I'd like to see all the September hunts pushed back to October or later and I agree tags should be for Cal hunters only. I was at yesterday zoom meeting missed the morning meeting so didn't see what was going on with fishing regs. At the afternoon meeting most of what I saw from the commission was pro-hunting except the agreement for a second bear tag. They are rejecting that. I also notice most of the attendees were anti-hunting people. Who do not follow the guidelines when they speak. They go off on all kinds of anti-hunting rants. We need many more sportsmen attending these meetings.

Last edited:
Do you know how many have max? I have Max -1 points and am wondering how long my wait for a Tule bull is.
I do not know, however, I do think many will die or age out before drawing a tag. This is especially true for Sheep tags.

Reactions: 180ls1
I do not know, however, I do think many will die or age out before drawing a tag. This is especially true for Sheep tags.
Yeah. I am wondering if there are like 12,000 ahead of me which gives me the same chance as the guys with 0 points also hoping for a random tag.

I hadn't considered the age factor though. I am young though (34) so maybe 40 years from now I stand a good chance if most ahead of me in points age out.

Don’t put too much thought into having max points ya it helps for a few tags but most only have one tag so points don’t matter. I myself have drawn my elk lope and deer not in max point pool. Now sheep I have max for and nothing

Yeah. I am wondering if there are like 12,000 ahead of me which gives me the same chance as the guys with 0 points also hoping for a random tag.

I hadn't considered the age factor though. I am young though (34) so maybe 40 years from now I stand a good chance if most ahead of me in points age out.
You should, I would think. It would've been a better draw if they originally gave a higher percentage of random tags. That way everyone could at least feel like they have a chance.

Reactions: 180ls1
I would like to see the additional tags or hunts be made only available to residents only.
Well being that the state of California only issues one NR antelope and elk tag per year that will be the case.

In general I agree with the changes however I'd like to see all the September hunts pushed back to October or later and I agree tags should be for Cal hunters only. I was at yesterday zoom meeting missed the morning meeting so didn't see what was going on with fishing regs. At the afternoon meeting most of what I saw from the commission was pro-hunting except the agreement for a second bear tag. They are rejecting that. I also notice most of the attendees were anti-hunting people. Who do not follow the guidelines when they speak. They go off on all kinds of anti-hunting rants. We need many more sportsmen attending these meetings.
I would love to attend one of these. How would one attend? zoom?

LOL I listed a link for all their meetings and forgot where I put it. will need to check my links and repost. Found it here is a link for all their meetings. www.fgc.ca.gov

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu