California Quarantine

CLarson757

Dec 29, 2019
Anyone want to share their thoughts on this quarantine and how it will effect turkey season? Not trying to get into politics here. I want to hunt and want to know if anyone is going to be sitting out on opening day?

36 hours from now...we will be engaging the elusive california rio grande bearded turkey.. .i will be driving and or just standing there...however, if porky shows him self..all bets are off..i,ll have to perform, nothing is safe at this point..

I hope places like home depot and lowes are open... bad timing to have a pluming issue.

I have nothing good to say about our current goverence,The nephew of Nancy Pelosi (Gavin Hewsom)continues to make decisions to keep himself in power even though he left the city of San Francisco with it highest homeless rate ever and was elected governer after that and now he keeps his rich supporters in his game and does not care about us small businessmen. He has sold this state out to money and is telling the story to the low income how he will take care of them. It is sad and those folks will be disappointed as to what happnes in the long run as well as me leaving if not sooner that later. His latest shut down of the state has cost me ten's of thousands this year.

I have nothing good to say about our current goverence,The nephew of Nancy Pelosi (Gavin Hewsom)continues to make decisions to keep himself in power even though he left the city of San Francisco with it highest homeless rate ever and was elected governer after that and now he keeps his rich supporters in his game and does not care about us small businessmen. He has sold this state out to money and is telling the story to the low income how he will take care of them. It is sad and those folks will be disappointed as to what happnes in the long run as well as me leaving if not sooner that later. His latest shut down of the state has cost me ten's of thousands this year.

Did you notice how he would say "Well Known Entrpeneurs"? Spewsome Translation = "My Campaign Contributors" Betchu Money on it!

Yes there nothing good about what is happening. Let's pray our employers have their doors open. And a deep recession
Doesn't Creep in.
Seriously they tried to break the economy.
They the demons (Democrats) found their weapon. I more worried about the nuts cases and more so the economy.
Hope people are growing food.
Supplies only last so long.
Money doesn't last at all

My suggestion is that if your work or activities can operate with social distancing and safety measures to otherwise ignore the stay at home order weather they are deemed essential or not. The goal is to slow the spread not create economic and social chaos.

The orders also say trips to the grocery store are considered "essential activities." Nature is the original grocery store if you ask me, hunt on.

Reactions: sportyg
We are still working but the work has stopped coming in.. Screen Printing t-shirts, our main customers are schools and events which have been shut down. looks like i'll be hitting up the unemployment line for the first time ever in my life . Our city is issuing an ordinance that if any non-essential business is caught working they will be cited and shut down by revoking business license.

Construction is an essential part of the economy we are going gang busters trying to keep up with demands. Biggest issue is trying to do it with about 60% manpower with people staying home etc.

Mama was up late with her Exec team planning how their company would proceed with all this. She was Grrr'ing about the Govt talkin' 'bout why couldn't they have released this announcement at like 3p or thereabouts, so employers would be able to talk with their employees BEFORE they left to go home already so they could pass along this info!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Slightly busy. My company makes disposable food packaging. Things are super impacted by the increase in take out and delivery. Still going to be doing my part to shop for a fresh bird next weekend :)

Our Court Rules Department had to put in some REAL effort in order to release last-minute spur-of-the-moment-updates to the Court Rules formulas used in our system so the dates scheduled for Attorney's Clients could be adjusted and fall on the right new dates into the future, what with all the re-scheduling needed due to closures in CA's courts.

I am not going to hunt turkey per se but I will go chase some euros and jacks...anything to keep my shotgunning in shape and to GTFA from people.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu