Chainsaws

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Hope all is well and the hunting season is treating you with some great adventures.

Every year right before deer season starts I start gathering firewood. I normally take a hand saw and ax with me but this year I want to upgrade to a chainsaw :cool:. I've read a few online reviews and the Husky ( husqvarna ) or Craftsman stand out.

Any of you guys have one and what would you suggest? I would probably use it once or twice a year. Gas or Battery is also another thing to think about. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Hi Rick
That's a tough one,
Don't buy a cheap one.
Get a home light, husky or even better. Never leave gas in carb.
Run it dry. then store it away.
Buy a couple of extra chains.
Especially cutting hard wood.
Putting fuel additive helps.
So no gas in the carb while
Been stored. A good chain sharpener really helps
Best
Longbow

I bought a cheap one and took it back then purchased an echo 18 inch bar for around $350 to $400. This was a few years ago and I don’t use it that often but every time I need it it cranks right up. As others have said don’t buy cheap but since I am no lumberjack I was not going to spend a ton either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love my husqvarna, I would say that you can’t go wrong with husqvarna or stihl.

I run a 450 with a 20” bar and it has been used on my eucalyptus and oak. Runs great....one day I was exhausted and poured my chain oil into the gas, dumped the oil out, dabbed as much as I could with paper towel and it fired right up as if nothing happened (that was 2 years ago). They just run.

I'll add my vote for Still, I work for the forest service and Still is what they use.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu