Choke Tube for Quail

zorkieo

Jun 7, 2020
Hi Guys.

so much info out there its hard to know when to start. I have a Beretta a300 and I mostly shoot Steel shot (because CA) I like skeet and IC patterns and shoot #6 shot. can anyone recommend a good choke tube to buy that will get a better pattern then the ones that came with the gun. Carlson sells a bunch on Amazon but there are so many makes and models, ported vs non-ported, etc. just want something that works well for upland hunting.

thanks for the help

Shot a quail once with my 870 with a modified choke...killed him dead!

Reactions: NBK
Wish I took a pic of the pattern I am getting. just see a ton of flyers and I have heard that better chokes can fix that. Perhaps its not really that big of a deal as many of you are mentioning.

Wish I took a pic of the pattern I am getting. just see a ton of flyers and I have heard that better chokes can fix that. Perhaps its not really that big of a deal as many of you are mentioning.
I wouldn't overthink it for quail. Maybe turkey where pattern is much more critical but on a flushing quail, put enough shot at it and it should die.

A picked quail...dedicated quail hunter. Nice work...super clean.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu