Christiansen arms 6.5

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Anyone have experience with these rifles? I hear they have a 1 Moa guarantee? A friend asked my advise for his first gun, and he wants a solid rifle. I have been out of loop For sometime now with regards to new rifles.

I was looking at them before I stupidly got the custom build bug. I wish I had some experience to share with you. At that price range take a strong look at the Sako rifles. Kimber falls into this class as well depending on what he is wanting to do that Kimber Mountain Ascent gets a lot of praise and it’s a super light hunting rig.

Also if he is looking for a more long range factory rifle the Browning Hells Canyon long range is tough to beat especially the one they offer in a McMillan Game Scout.

Reactions: KoozeDeer
I was looking at the CA ridgeline but ended up going with a Sako Finnlight. There’s a lot of MOA guarantees out there today. Tikkas are a fantastic rifle for the price. I thought the Christensen Arms Mesa was a good deal. Fierce firearms makes some beautiful rifles, they clone the Sako 85 action instead of a 700 action like most others. I’ve always liked the browning rifles as well, but never owned one. I do shoot an A-bolt when I go to Texas though.

Friend of mine just got back from Texas...Him and his daughter shot Fierce Firearms...Said he's getting one (and I think he owns every other firearm known to man...lol)...Carbon bull barrel was unique to me...Of course, I don't jack about rifles.

His daughters "management" buck..... ;)

.020.JPG

** EDIT ** - I didn't see ilovesprig's post until after I posted this.

Look at Fierce, you can pick one up for around 2k and they guarantee 0.5 MOA. They basically build a rifle around the Sako 85 action...pretty sure that will be my next purchase.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu