Chukar...Love/Hate Relationship

Shot many, many chukar on the Big Island and some up in the Randsburg area here in CA and the only advice I can give anyone contemplating chukar is to get in REALLY good shape and buy the best boots you can afford. Next to mountain goats or high country sheep, it is the toughest hunting on the planet, in my opinion. Steve---if you go and score on at least one chukar, you are THE MAN.

Shot many, many chukar on the Big Island and some up in the Randsburg area here in CA and the only advice I can give anyone contemplating chukar is to get in REALLY good shape and buy the best boots you can afford. Next to mountain goats or high country sheep, it is the toughest hunting on the planet, in my opinion. Steve---if you go and score on at least one chukar, you are THE MAN.

Dr,

That is my goal...The best thing about this season is, the quail/chukar season opens right after I get home from Montana, and the week before waterfowl opener here in SoCal.

Bastards.... :joy:

.stoddard wells 1973.jpg

Unfortunately neither. Some simple minded General thought it best to relocate all of us. Even those of us so close to retirement.
But then yes, the plan is to go back home. The farm life calls me.

Yep...Just saw you saying, you miss the harvest..... :heart:

Unfortunately neither. Some simple minded General thought it best to relocate all of us. Even those of us so close to retirement.
But then yes, the plan is to go back home. The farm life calls me.
You better come duck hunt before you wander back

Classic Son! Your baja bug! And young Floyd to boot! What a golden age...so lucky! :clap:
I'm glad you shared those stories!

I’ve only been chukar hunting twice. First time no sight or sound. Second time flushed a covey way out in front and they flew all the way down and around the mountain we had just hiked up. Saw about 50 out and about on the town in Calico though.

kj,

Thanks for sharing....Would love to hunt chukar over a good pointer some day.....Getting a limit is no small feat.... :clap:

I got on some chuckar Last season , about 25 . Up hill chase ,down hill Chase , gully chase . Disappearing birds ! Devil Birds . After the chase I had another name for them .

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu