CO... Need fishing help!!!

DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
My daughter has a softball showcase in Boulder/ Longmont area next week. Looking to get my 12 year old son away from the fields a day or two. He is sick of softball!!! Would love to taking him fishing or popping some prairie dogs. I see there’s a lot of lakes in the area. Any advice would be appreciated!

My daughter has a softball showcase in Boulder/ Longmont area next week. Looking to get my 12 year old son away from the fields a day or two. He is sick of softball!!! Would love to taking him fishing or popping some prairie dogs. I see there’s a lot of lakes in the area. Any advice would be appreciated!
That area is a little north of me.

I have actually not shot prairie dogs yet living here, but access would be a breeze around me. I imagine landowners are similar up there, but those areas do get frequented by the Denver crowd more often. I have a buddy up that way that I could text if you needed me to.

I fishing most places in CO is worlds better than in CA. Access is easier, cheaper (usually free), and less crowded. Shoot me a PM if you want more specifics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
ONX has a prairie dog feature that cost a couple bucks but it will tell you where public spots are. Good luck.
Prairie dogs arent hard to find and the colonies move somewhat if I am not mistaken. I would be curious how accurate the ONX layer is and where they are getting the data from.

Drive around, you will see the mounds and if they are active, what do you know! you also see the prairie dogs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu