CO results

Papadeuce

Aug 27, 2018
Carlsbad
It’s a slow trickle of results from CO, haha. Yesterday I got a bear point. Today I got a deer point. Fingers crossed I get a damn tag at some point.

Reactions: Herson
Yeah they do a species a day or something like that. Got my deer point today...and my moose point

Last edited:
Reactions: Herson
Surprisingly, I didn’t draw the very easy to draw tag I put in for. The hype was real in CO this year.

Reactions: Zak and NBK
Surprisingly, I didn’t draw the very easy to draw tag I put in for. The hype was real in CO this year.

I didn't draw a tag that I should have mathematically. Still am a little surprised.

Record entries certainly f’d the numbers up. What a conundrum we face here. We want the tags we think we should get but at the same time need more hunters afield so we can continue to do what we love.

Record entries certainly f’d the numbers up. What a conundrum we face here. We want the tags we think we should get but at the same time need more hunters afield so we can continue to do what we love.
While there are more applicants this year, that is mainly due to the fact that everyone piled in to burn their points because the season dates are very good. So tags became “expensive” in terms of points and many people didn’t draw tags that they would have in a normal year (like me and @NBK). The upside may be that because so many people purged their points, perhaps we will see the opposite next year. Hard to say.

My dad drew a 1st rifle bull elk tag, this will be the first hunt I’ve been on where I’m not a shooter. I’ll stand there and do nothing like @HATCHET1 likes to say. Hopefully I get to pack out a quarter or two!

While there are more applicants this year, that is mainly due to the fact that everyone piled in to burn their points because the season dates are very good. So tags became “expensive” in terms of points and many people didn’t draw tags that they would have in a normal year (like me and @NBK). The upside may be that because so many people purged their points, perhaps we will see the opposite next year. Hard to say.
Great so now we need to choose between the Frank and CO next season? Both? One of the biggest bummers with CO is they don't let you average points.

Great so now we need to choose between the Frank and CO next season? Both? One of the biggest bummers with CO is they don't let you average points.
Thinking about doing an OTC archery hunt in CO if I don’t pull AZ deer. Running out of draws at this point so OTC may be my only option. That’s one thing CO is plentiful in.

Reactions: TRICER
Yeah the point average thing hurt me. Although I wouldn’t have wanted to do that trip without my buddy anyway. Yeah CO vs ID is a tough one. Slightly more adventure with the Frank but probably more game in CO. I’d do either!

I drew a third season Colorado deer tag, padded my points by a 2 more then what was needed last year to make sure I drew. It creeped a point so I had about a 1-1.5 point advantage.

Reactions: Liddy and TRICER
Drew a 3rd season tag
Will be my first time hunting Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Liddy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu