Cold and Possibly Snowy Closing Weekend in D14

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
The weather up in Angelus Oaks says a high of 32 and low of 19 on Saturday. On Sunday it says a high of 32 and low of 14. Theres an 80% chance of snow on Saturday and 90% chance on Sunday. Who’s heading up for closing weekend? I’ll have to think carefully about my plan, don’t want to waste this great weather.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The dew claws are always a good indicator that it's probably a buck (heavy)...I personally have never seen a doe track with them.
Have you ever tracked a buck in the snow and had the tracks get fainter as you went? My only guess is that it was snowing faster downslope of where we started following him.

nice country! You stuck it out even with that many hunters in the area and some weather. Id be wearing an orange beanie in there for sure with that visibility. Good story

Great photos and well told. Yeah based on what you wrote about the number of hunters it's good you had a lot of orange on. All that shooting though makes it look like someone had no idea what they were doing and shooting at most anything he heard or thought was a deer.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu