Colorado Applications are in

Nice, GMU 4 for deer, pronghorn point, and GMU 41 for bull elk...hoping to pull cow elk in the second draw.

Need to do the boys and mine tonight. You planning on hunting over there this year John?

Nope - I am not entirely sure where we will hunt this year. We are leaving Nevada open to hunt (if we draw) and X5B is a possibility and the New Mexico elk etc. as well as Arizona possibilities. It is all up in the air. Hoping to make it up to Canada sometime this year as well. We shall see.

Reactions: TRICER
Just adding points for deer and elk. Won't be hunting CO this year anyway.

Am I reading it right? $100 for each of the big 3 (sheep, moose, goat) preference points as a NR?

Is CO a must-apply for state?

Not sure I understand your question. But if you like hunting big game, it needs to be in your yearly portfolio of applications. It has more elk per square mile than any other state and it is one of the few states (if only) where you can kill a 200" deer in any unit.

Put in for more points as my dad has a great chance of drawing his Utah bull tag this year

Not sure I understand your question. But if you like hunting big game, it needs to be in your yearly portfolio of applications. It has more elk per square mile than any other state and it is one of the few states (if only) where you can kill a 200" deer in any unit.

Thanks that's what I wanted to know, just put in for points only.

With CO pushing the 2nd season one week over the next three years CO is about to get wiped out in bucks.
I have 3 points over there 4 after this year probably should blow them at some point sooner than later. One cool thing is you can get an OTC elk tag in most of the deer units. Youth tags are cheap as well.

With CO pushing the 2nd season one week over the next three years CO is about to get wiped out in bucks.

We hope not, but it could do some damage. Genetics are still going to be great, just a lot of susceptible dumb ones. Maybe lots of 160's will get shot that people will call 180's.

For what it's worth, you can rifle hunt the eastern plains every year during the rut and they still shoot whoppers. It is mostly private though.

I have 3 points over there 4 after this year probably should blow them at some point sooner than later. One cool thing is you can get an OTC elk tag in most of the deer units. Youth tags are cheap as well.

They have made this decision due to the "chronic wasting disease" challenge Colorado is facing. Yep...the deer hunting opportunity will certainly decline moving forward.

They have made this decision due to the "chronic wasting disease" challenge Colorado is facing. Yep...the deer hunting opportunity will certainly decline moving forward.

At least for the foreseeable future....

I would suggest a D-16 doe hunt (rifle) for the best thing you have ever had in front of you. Spice it up with an archery or muzzleloader draw and make it a once in a lifetime experience you will never forget, let me know if you draw and I'll set you up with the best event you have ever had a chance to draw. Sorry you have to reside in Az due to employment and residence requirements, that sucks... Maybe someday things will get better over there.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu