Colorado was an ass kicker

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
I had high hopes with three tags in my pocket. I had an elk tag a deer tag and a bear tag.
3BE85249-3210-4841-9EF6-75DB74BCB173.pngA16777A5-95BF-45B8-AC20-515C93A69F77.png
After putting in to many miles the first day and seeing very little sign with no animals, my hopes started to slide.

Day two went a different direction. Saw a couple of does, so I got a little pick me up.

Day three I saw some elk but only cows. That afternoon I saw a buck that didn’t give me much time and he was gone into the dark timber. Saw another that evening with the same results.

Day four hunted the same area and didn’t see an animal all day.

Decided to try another area for day five. That changed my luck. Pushed a buck and a few does out of there beds and stayed on them. Saw the buck twice before he finally gave me a chance to put a bullet in him. 6330E3F0-0FF2-47CF-9496-402E91304F6B.jpeg

Spent the next two days trying to find a bull up high. 9F93DAC3-6556-4611-9F84-E88C9AA5AC93.jpeg2FBF4E8D-EDC7-440F-9624-77C95525108B.jpeg
Never saw an elk. Did spot a sow and cub, so spent a little time watching them try and warm up in the sun.

Before you know it the trip is over
FB3F405D-C5BB-4EC8-9EA0-18EFBE5A16D5.jpeg

Bitchen Darrel! It’s the ass kickers that keep us coming back. The ones that leave a mark are the ones we look back on the fondest. Congrats on a great buck! I have 3 CO points burning a hole in my pocket.

Reactions: Lungpopper
Nice buck! I've been hearing that 2nd rifle was tough this year, way to go on the buck.
We had 6 people in camp. Only my uncle (cow tag) and I filled any tags. Did not hear of any of the camps around us filling any tags. Went to town for supplies one day. Locals were saying that the outfitters weren’t doing very well either.

Reactions: Hunt4lyf
Congratulations Darryl, sounds like a grinder of a hunt. Those are the ones I remember most. Looking forward to hunting CO in the next year or two. D16 has been similar so far....

Darryl,
Nice work, thats some beautiful country you were in. Congratulations on getting it done! Im headed to Colorado this weekend with a 3rd season Buck tag. Hopefully i can turn one up as well.

We had 6 people in camp. Only my uncle (cow tag) and I filled any tags. Did not hear of any of the camps around us filling any tags. Went to town for supplies one day. Locals were saying that the outfitters weren’t doing very well either.

Everyone I ran into this elk season was saying the exact same thing, almost no animals sighted or shot. I have a deer tag for 3rd rifle so hopefully my spots produce.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu