Confessions of a first time diaphragm caller..

Anywhere close to right ?

• Not at all

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • With practice

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

SocalAL

Apr 13, 2017
Anaheim
So the day has finally come..
My HS Strut turkey call starter pack has arrived!! Of course immediately after receiving the update message showing the package was delivered, I grabbed my dog an ran down to the mailbox.. like a kid running after the ice cream truck.

These are the aftermath videos. Hah like I have said many times before in my posts, I'm a total newbie an have had less than a minute on each call previous to these videos. My intention is to show the progression off my calling throughout the year, thanks in large part to the tips and help I will be getting from you fellas on here.

Well,
Nuff said, let's get to it!

-AL

1st video

2nd video

Reactions: Bugsy71
Al,

Here's a video that will help.....Gives you words to use.....Should be helpful.

Once you have the correct sound.....Then cadence will be what you'll want....This video will give you what a real hen sounds like.

Reactions: SocalAL
Al,

Here's a video that will help.....Gives you words to use.....Should be helpful.

Once you have the correct sound.....Then cadence will be what you'll want....This video will give you what a real hen sounds like.

Thanks again!!!! This exactly what I was looking for

You'll need to get the call further up onto your palat. Trim back the yellow tape a little bit but not too much and that will help fit the call in your mouth a little better.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu