Coral Sea, Santa Barbara, 9/22 late report

Nimrod

Sep 27, 2018
Hey Guys!
Just jumping on here! Recognize a lot of names. I Chartered the Coral Sea out of Sea Landing In Santa Barbara last Saturday. This trip couldn't have been better! We live in Redlands, so it was a really long drive. 2 hours and 15 minutes going up in the morning and well over 3 hours coming home at night. Anyway, this was a church and family and friends trip. When we got the last person on board, we were off for Santa Rosa Island. Me and 2 other guys brought Rods and reels for all and the crew got them all rigged with double dropper loops and 12 ounce weights that we had brought. As we got closer to the island, the crew woke the sleepers and gave an instructional talk which was helpful for all the newbs. First drop, everyone was bit and Reds, coppers and widows were flying over the rail!Everyone was stoked and we had boat limits of rockfish early! These guys keep perfect track of every bag and who catches what. When we were close to boat limits the captain made one more drift to include the crews limits and improve the quality of our bags. We put a few more on and were ready to move to another pinnacle when I asked the captain if he knew any secret whitefish spots..His eyes lit up and we were off! 62 whitefish and a huge sheepshead later we headed for the barn! These guys at Stardust Sportfisihng at Sea Landing in Santa Barbara are a class act and well worth the drive! Here I am with a beautiful red. My daughters doing their thing, jackpot ling and Billy having fun! Hope this works...Blessings Guys!IMG_3245.JPGIMG_3242.JPGIMG_3252.JPGIMG_3247.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3243.JPG
    IMG_3243.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Hi Nimrod
Those are quality rock fish.
That is huge lingcod.
Quality fishing there.
A good Captain and crew
Sure make difference.
And yes good eats.
Rockfish is very tasty.
Best
LB

Reactions: Nimrod
Nice going, Mark.....Great pix

And welcome to SCH
Thanks Steve!
Those are some nice reds. Looks like a fun trip. What depth were you guys fishing that 12oz lead?
We fished between 250 and 150 feet. I think we would have been ok with a few ounces less most of the time, but12 oz. is what the crew recommended and tangles were few and far between... even with the newbies!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu