Country style pate with venison liver

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
So in a recent post I offered up some liver from last year's deer thinking it had gone bad, but apparently it was still pretty good. With some inspiration from @NBK I set out to try making pate, but with a slight variation. I read up on country style pate, which is little more than a fancy meatloaf. I marinated the liver in buttermilk, then minced and mixed it with ground pork, herbs (allspice, rosemary, sage, thyme), white wine, breadcrumbs, eggs, and sauteed mushrooms, carrot, onion, and garlic. Tasted awesome this morning with eggs and toast, and will be even better tomorrow in a sandwich with lots of dijon mustard! Cheers

20201108_120033.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu