Coyote hunting locations

Johngray361

Nov 12, 2018
Just curious if y'all could point me in directions of legal areas to hunt coyotes near east county or san diego county, been looking online for anything and it is all pretty blurry on where is and isn't legal, any info is very appreciated. Thank you

get onx. good tool to start. if you have any questions you can refer to fish and game maps.

I did download onx, was just wondering if I can go on blm land or cnf, never hunted out here so not to sure on where is off limits and what isnt

Is all of cnf rifle legal to hunt on or just certain areas
John,
I am fairly new too and your questions have been mine also.
As far as I have learned, Laguna Recreation Area is within CNF but you can hunt there only with bow and arrow. In every other area of CNF you can use a fire arm.
Here is the map of LRA:

This might be a dumb question but figure I'd ask, is ok to park in the laguna rec area and walk out of the area with your firearm, as I'm typing this it sounds stupid but rather be safe than sorry

Reactions: Dawnandusk
What roads are good to park on or campsites to park at and go from, what desert areas are close? Sorry for all the questions guys just trying to stay out of trouble of any kind, thank you for any info.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
What roads are good to park on or campsites to park at and go from, what desert areas are close? Sorry for all the questions guys just trying to stay out of trouble of any kind, thank you for any info.
I'll cut to the chase here -- no one's going to give you specific locations for where to go. But all have given good advice as to where to start scouting (after deer season preferably). Coyotes are everywhere on BLM, CNF, CDFW wildlife areas, and in the IV. Use OnXMaps to determine what's legal public and then get boots on the ground to find tracks and scat, then start calling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu