Coyotes have no fear

love dead yote pics... she won't be breeding anymore. Congrats

Went to my best deer spot this morning and didn't see a deer (last night with Stefanie, we saw 15 does & 2 legal bucks)…..At about 6:00 am, a 5 pack of the biggest coyotes I've ever seen run thru the field....Time for some predator hunting.

.491.JPG

Question... if a yote walks by during your deer hunt would you drop him knowing it might spoil your hunt?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good question. I had four walk in on me last year. One big one was within 15 yards I did take the shot as I thought it would spoil my hunt did not see any deer that day anyway so I regret not taking out the Bambi killer. I would take the shot now even if it spoils a hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question... if a yote walks by during your deer hunt would you drop him knowing it might spoil your hunt?

This is just me...

During Archery, YES.
During rifle, NO.... I would hate to ruin someone's hunt... last week my buddy had a buck moving towards him and then a truck passing by honked and spooked his deer.

I've seen yotes pester deer and their fawns only to make them scatter out of sight and out of range. Basically spoiling my hunt, but then again I've seen deer hang around while the yotes are waiting and then the yotes just get tired and they move on.

Over here in my zone we have a annual hunt for yotes right after deer season ends. I go out as much as possible during off season and take as many out as possible.

I picked up a primos Raspy Coaxer the other week hoping to entice some coyotes after deer season. Anyone use one of those calls before? If so, have you had any luck with it?

Are there any restrictions on the firearms/ammo you can use to take Yotes?
I don't think there's any restriction other than you have to use lead-free ammo if hunting with a shotgun, in a CDFW Area, or in the condor zone. There's no soft-nose or expanding bullet requirement I believe like with big game hunting. Reference the nongame hunting regs.

Reactions: Kicking Wing

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu