Coyotes Lake Havasu

kylemg0009

Jan 20, 2015
Costa Mesa, CA
Hello all,
I will be going to Lake Havasu this weekend from the OC. I decided to buy a hunting license for the day incase I hear any yotes or decided to make a couple stands. Does anyone here have any experience with hunting yotes out there?

My buddy went out for quail last year. Said he bought access to indian land for pretty cheap. Might want to look into that as an option to hit better spots. That being said, I don't know anything about spots out there. Good luck.

Thank you 8SteelTown. Is it the Colorado River indian reservation? I might just have to check it out. I know there's tons of public land surrounding that city so I dont think it will be a problem finding some solid places. I appreciate it.

I spent half a day hunting coyotes north of the Havasu area. I didn't call anything in but I promise you there are plenty of coyotes in the area. Word on the street is there are also pigs in the area.

kylemg0009 said:
Thank you 8SteelTown. Is it the Colorado River indian reservation? I might just have to check it out. I know there's tons of public land surrounding that city so I dont think it will be a problem finding some solid places. I appreciate it.
The CRIT is south of Havasu. Plenty of public land around Havasu. Tons of yotes too I'm sure.

It is Havasu though. The bass and striper fishing can be excellent and when it is slow you just cruise the channel.

Thanks everyone. Im gonna be with some buddies and one has a place over there. We will just go out and shoot our guns for fun, then I will probably sneak away early morning or evening and get some good alone time in. SDbirds, I believe i will be going East/SouthEast out into the desert so maybe we will cross paths

This is my rifle this is my gun, this one's for fighting this one's for fun.

Safe to say where sdbirds is going you won't see him, unless you are a conex box unloading off a freighter

I don't know much about hunting near lake havasu but the fishing can be excellent if you have the time. I've had 20 or30 fish days fishing around docks there just throwing dropshot and senkos all day if you have the patience to fish painfully slow that is

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu