Custom Knife

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
I received my custom skinning knife today from Siembida Custom Knives!

The model is called Northern Shrike, extremely light weight but I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.

A6D93BF8-E1FD-4883-B1A3-1D4C4638FF95.jpeg

Carbon fiber handle with a glow in the dark resin. s35vn steel, should be fantastic on game.

I love knifes. I must have thirty or more, I have some very nice ones but none custom. Very nice knife you have there.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Glow in the dark is a nice feature. I’ve lost a few knives that that would have helped find them.

Yeah I am hoping it helps. I have spent to much time looking around where I set my knife in the dark. LOL

I honestly really like the Work Sharp field sharpener and just keep at it. I really want to buy a good stone and strop for home though.
I like my work sharp but if you are not mindful you can really take a lot of metal off the blade in a hurry,. Experience taught me that. A few good stones are the way to go. I hate auto correct.

Last edited:
Yeah we can make this into a knife sharpening stone / strop recommendations thread. What do you guys use at home? I have always just used field items or take knives to a buddies where he has the electric belt sharpener.

The electric belt ones. But what I usually do is just use the hone fairly regularly. It's easy, simple, fast, and works until the knife is actually dull.

I preordered the Argali sharpening belt, it should be arriving pretty soon.

I use Gregs knife sharpening in La Mesa a few times a year for my fixed blade. I warn you now your knife will be very very sharp.

Glow in the dark is a nice feature. I’ve lost a few knives that that would have helped find them.

Yep, great feature....Cracks me up when a knife is in camo, but it looks cool.... :joy:

Lost my favorite buck knife and it was blaze orange...Must have left it in the gut pile...Every time I walk by that area I look for it...:(

Pretty much have switched to Havalon knives, but my pocket knife is sharp and does the initial work...I carry a small rough stone on one side and a diamond mesh on the other.

I like the two piece sharpening rod. The kind were the rod portion threads into the brass protective base which also act as handle when the two sections are threaded together. kept knife sharp while skinning and quartering two Elk and a deer or two.

John,

I recently picked up a Smith's long diamond sharpener...I like the long stroke (I know, that's what she said... :joy:) , but the knife has to be somewhat sharp before using.

John,

I recently picked up a Smith's long diamond sharpener...I like the long stroke (I know, that's what she said... :joy:) , but the knife has to be somewhat sharp before using.
Same with my pocket rod, the other one. Amazing what a few swipes down the rod will do every so often, but you know that. Nothing worst than a dull knife. That's how people get cut.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu