D-14

BudMiyamoto

Aug 8, 2018
I got a D-14 tag this year. Been scouting a couple times seen some does but no bucks yet. Anyone ever hunt off the 38?

No but I'm interested as well. Wife was coming back from Big Bear recently and said she saw a big roadkill buck off the 38.
I am going to set up a camping trip up there in 2-3 weeks for a scouting trip we could brain storm and figure out areas to check. I been doing some research and have a couple spots in mind. Let me know if you’re interested

Nope...never....nothing there, check out the otherside of the mountain :p

All I'm going to say is check the burned area above Lake Jenks. I was driving up there not to long ago a seen a small buck and doe. I think most is private land but if you come in from the upper side you might find something. Good luck.

^^ he is right you know. Burned areas are great....but make sure you learn local restrictions. Pretty sure south of the 38 until you hit wilderness area is shotgun only...though it does not seem to be enforced since I have seen a lot of people hunting there.

I am going to set up a camping trip up there in 2-3 weeks for a scouting trip we could brain storm and figure out areas to check. I been doing some research and have a couple spots in mind. Let me know if you’re interested
Just shot you a text but not sure if you still have the same #. I was planning to be up there in a couple weeks too so let me know.

All I'm going to say is check the burned area above Lake Jenks. I was driving up there not to long ago a seen a small buck and doe. I think most is private land but if you come in from the upper side you might find something. Good luck.
The area above Jenks Lake is very crowded. Any buck that grows old in that area probably heads to the high, steep country not long after opening day, if not before. Eventually I’ll head way up in the wilderness and see if my theory is correct. I’ll probably need to learn how to backpack though, or start hiking real early in the am.

Lol try it and see ;). I know that the law changed about taking meat (call a game warden - don’t just take it!!)

Every zone has kaibab deer....until its time to show um..of course...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu