D15????

JosueMoney

Apr 1, 2018
Okay I was looking to see if I was going to get a second tag for deer. D15 has lots of them..... what’s up with that??? Is the area hard to hunt or is it just due to the fires???

Okay I was looking to see if I was going to get a second tag for deer. D15 has lots of them..... what’s up with that??? Is the area hard to hunt or is it just due to the fires???

Larry's your man for this zone...……….. :blush:

ps....Got a call from a friend that lives in the "15"....He's pissed that the deer are eating his new plants.... ;)

It's just hard to hunt (in the Northern part of it anyway) because most of it is an endless sea of thick chapparal about shoulder height, or more in some places. Ya gotta look for the places in there where there are draws or flats where oaks have sprouted up along water pathways and seeps that form during the rains. Or due to road condensation run-off drainages.

Hold up... wait a minute.. Sprig... you've have people with private in D15? Did I read that right?
Show a brother some love mang!

Reactions: JosueMoney
@BuckHunter offers trespass fee hunting on his land in d15. 1500$ with a 1k kill fee over 130"

Thats a heck of a deal!! I dont start the truck for less than 3k...but thats me..agressive road hunter.

Reactions: ilovesprig

You can hunt D11 and D13 with that tag also.

North D-15, This is the largest open area I have found, and its tiny and overgrown. The rest 60 degree angles.

IMG_1347.JPG

@BuckHunter offers trespass fee hunting on his land in d15. 1500$ with a 1k kill fee over 130"

I have to say I'm actually glad I didn't succumb to the urge to go to one of those "Ranches" in the IE that's supposed to have pigs and goat and whatever on it when I was totally green n00b. Later on I saw Youtube vids posted by some wannabe tactical mofos that went to one of those places. It was just pitiful/discgraceful. The damn pig clearly wasn't a wild pig and was clearly advancing toward these guys assuming they'd be feeding him. Dude smokes the pig, then is all WHOOO! and high-fiving the rest of his douchey buddies. So lame. The video is really "Bad Press" for the hunting community, since most folks aren't going to understand the difference. Though folks in the comment section DID try to explain that this was not hunting. And gave the dudes a ration of sh*t for it.

Thats a heck of a deal!! I dont start the truck for less than 3k...but thats me..agressive road hunter.

Dang...Just think, I've been taking folks on my "40" for free all these years...I could've been rich... :joy:

ps...You would have to walk about 300 yds though....;)

300 yds? I sorely hope you appreciate the good fortune in that. What a blessing.

Ugh... I have to hike in 32 times that distance. And have to carry-in in all the water I'm going to need too.

Last edited:
BTW...thanks for posting that picture. I use that same kinda back-supporting seat cushion thing, I saw that carabiner and my brain went "Ding! Ding! Ding!" I've just been putting the long strap over my neck and shoulder, but it'd probably be a lot easier to just click it onto the back of the pack with something like that. Will try that next time.

Reactions: ilovesprig
mcc = rich boy hunting club where the elite of SD county go to kill

i would never hunt it..

hey sprig can you take me please?

Reactions: MAG 1 and TRICER
It's just hard to hunt (in the Northern part of it anyway) because most of it is an endless sea of thick chapparal about shoulder height, or more in some places. Ya gotta look for the places in there where there are draws or flats where oaks have sprouted up along water pathways and seeps that form during the rains. Or due to road condensation run-off drainages.

Hold up... wait a minute.. Sprig... you've have people with private in D15? Did I read that right?
Show a brother some love mang!
I was about to say the same thing about the chaparral. Do you think the new burn could make for good hunting in upcoming years?

A fire occuring thru Wildomar should be helpful in terms of hunting! It's pretty flat and wasn't too thick to begin with due to the offroad trails meandering thru it. Also It has a waterway that goes downhill from it with a lot of established Oaks along that water-way. And with two gates being closed on that road going into there for soo much time now, I'm sure critters have been happy to stroll on in without being disturbed now.

But... with the MtnLions there are in that area, I'm thinking that they wouldn't kick it in that flat area for very long once the sun goes down. I'd imagine the key would be figuring out where they retreat to, to make use of their ability to traverse slopes much more easily then most other critters for safety. Then find the exiting pathway they take to those safety retreats.

I know some guys that hunt near the radio tower at the top. So I don't know if they'd go that way at last light. But just south of that tower is a watershed area you're sorta not supposed to go into. It's very thick, could be they retreat to there? Also there are several canyons which lead from that tower area over to where I hunt at more in the interior. But they are fairly long in length maybe 6-7mi and no human trail thru them. I was considering that as on option when those retards closed the main road in even further upstream on me the first week of general season for road repair last year. (Quite the coinkydink they elect to close it the beginning of general season, eh? GRRR!!!)

Would probably be much easier to glass that area post fire. But with all the rains we had, maybe not since everything out there now has at least hip-height grass and vine growth everywhere. In all the places that used to be foot-height grasses and such.
Even on trails you're busting thru brush a dang lot due to overgrowth.

I just emailed my neighbor to confirm antelope access, 6500 acres.... I got "Sounds good, Nick" for a response.

Open the gate and drive across the pastures....

I decided to hit reply and say.... I forgot i have a deer tag and have been seeing whitetails as well....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu