D16 2022 little buck down

Brian marable

Nov 22, 2017
Temecula
Well its been a long season but the hard work finally paid off. My buddy and I were on some really big bucks during archery season, with some close calls. From Full draw on a 4x3 for over a minute and a giant Framed 3x that never wanted to bed in a good stalking spot ,archery season was crazy. we ended up taking that 3x3 on rifle opener and the 4x3 has been MIA ever since. Went out every weekend during rifle and was not able to locate any legal bucks since opener. Last sunday located a small herd of does getting pushed by this guy so i figured id help them out. This is the first time I’ve shot at a deer and not have a deer die within 80 yards, It Got a little western but we got em. This is the smallest buck ive ever harvested but Jesus christ was it the hardest hunt , total of 8.7 miles and I finally got the d16 monkey off my back.

.6BA50147-7045-402E-96E4-CEDC1E1FA8B4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for You!!! I totally agree,.... ANY D16'er, is a huge accomplishment, especially on publick land.

Pathetically, I had the *stink* on me for 12 years, until I filled a D16 tag. ....and mine was actually a smaller fork than yours ;) It was a trophy to me, I had it stuffed.

Hard work always pays.....Congratulations!

good work man!! i think i met you during archery season. i was helping my buddy carry out a doe when you and your friend walked up and we talked for a minute. you were saying you almost had a buck but some off-roaders came and spooked them off

Reactions: Brian marable
good work man!! i think i met you during archery season. i was helping my buddy carry out a doe when you and your friend walked up and we talked for a minute. you were saying you almost had a buck but some off-roaders came and spooked them off
Thanks! Oh yeah! I hate off-roader's they screwed me again the following week.

Reactions: Hunterfisher

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu