D16 BIG 2X2 DOWN!!!

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
I wake up 4:30 i was with hunting fever all week, so I start hiking 6:20 2 hours later i was on the top of the mountain i can see 12 mountains around me with my binos i was there 4 hours and nothing i can listen far away 7 or 8 rifle shoots in diferent hours, but I never saw anything.
12:00 pm back to car for lunch, sleep 1 hr and with my energy full I back to another place, Im there all day just for see 5 does, 5:40 pm I decided to go to my car and go home was tired and bored.
So i drive my car 1 mile on dirty road when I see 4 does 200 yd away, I take my rifle with 2 bullets and walk 30 yd from my car into the mountain, then 1 doe looked me and started runing to my right side, suddenly from my left side a nice 3x3 with small horns ran into the brush not giving me time to shoot, when I when I thought all was lost this BIG 2X2 run but stop near to bushes, I shoot him and miss my first shoot, he ran 100 yd and stopped to look at me
I shoot again at 290 yd and hit near to the spine i take this guy 400 yd away and finish job with handgun.
I was alone and take 40 min take him out. was dark and cool but it was worth it.

Im sorry for my english im from spain.
I learned a lot in this forum, thanks all of you for posts.

Im 6,4 this horns was huge.

Left deer was with bow , right with rifle.
good luck everybody !!

Anyone knows of a good taxidermist ??

Attachments

• IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3672.JPG
    IMG_3672.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3674.JPG
    IMG_3674.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3685.JPG
    IMG_3685.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
nice buck, congrats.

make sure you have the tag on them horns so you don't get in trouble. I know some people remove it for photos, but just a thought..

Well done! IVH is right: get your tag on those antlers before you leave the field.

Thank you guys !!
The tag was on horn but i prefer take off for picture.

Just for peace of mind, it seems that you don't have enough cape for a shoulder mount, but a very creative double European mount would be a good choice. Good job and congrats on your success this season.

very nice congrats awesome to see some stories coming through and people killing some deer for me I have to wait another year tell I can hunt again season is over in my local area.

Another pic!!
My best year ever. ;)

Attachments

• hunt1.JPG
    hunt1.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 20

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu