D16 Public Land Archery Buck

ecmeins

Oct 28, 2013
San Diego
www.tempbreak.com
Finally dropped my first public land archery buck this last Saturday morning with my 30 year old Hoyt Pro Advantage. It still works! :) Turned around, saw deer coming down trail, identify buck, draw, shoot, 5 seconds total. 15yd clean pass through shot. Deer expires around 30 seconds 50yds directly in front of me. So blessed! Even had some help dragging the deer out from a fellow hunter my buddy and I had recently met. Thanks JD!

It was only a matter of time, but it took a little longer than I expected. Started with a bow and switched over to rifle when I began hunting a family ranch. Plenty of deer, but the learning was slow as success came easy. Family sold the ranch and it was time to find some public land to hunt. Bow hunting on public land was the perfect way to hone some lost skills and get extra time in the field. Everything came together and I can finally eat some fresh venison! So glad I was able to hang my D16 tag on him and keep on the hunt through the rest of the A22 season. It's been a pleasure meeting a number of you in the field and I look forward to meeting more of you all in the future. Rut is on and it will likely continue to improve as these storms finally line up. :)

20181124_Deer_Exit.jpg20181124_Deer_Entrance.jpg20181124_Deer_Closeup.jpg20181124_Deer_Selfie.jpg20181123_Deer_cam.jpg20181118_Deer_cam.jpg20181030_Deer_cam.jpg20181013_Deer_cam.jpg

Outstanding!.....A story & pictures like this gives everyone a hope that just talking about doesn't help.....Congrats on a fine D-16 archery buck.

ps....Great shot by the way.

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu