D16 tag soup!

Lot's of balloons for sure. Did not shoot a deer this season in D16 either. Definitely one of the most fun seasons I have had in a while though. I spent some quality time with friends and family, saw quite a few deer and many sunrises and sunsets.

Can't wait until next year!

IMG_1563.jpg20200920_084837.jpg20200621_200541.jpg20200621_235022.jpg20201122_172555.jpg

El Blanko for my crew as well...We saw as many as 10 legal bucks in one day...Just not MCC shooters...Julian property was a similar situation...Yesterday, Jacob & I had 4 legal bucks in front of us at one time...The nice 3x3 broke off both front antlers and became a non shooter (last pic)...Bummer for us, lucky for him...lol

Great hunts with family & friends.

.002.JPG019.JPG040.JPG004.JPG017.JPG074.JPG032.JPG

Last edited:
El Blanco for my crew as well...We saw as many as 10 legal bucks in one day...Just not MCC shooters...Julian property was a similar situation...Yesterday, Jacob & I had 4 legal bucks in front of us at one time...The nice 3x3 broke off both front antlers and became a non shooter (last pic)...Bummer for us, lucky for him...lol

Great hunts with family & friends.

.View attachment 46856View attachment 46857View attachment 46858View attachment 46859View attachment 46860View attachment 46861View attachment 46862
Nice bucks!!

Good stuff stevo...ca was surprisingly good to us this year...tuff time in AZ which was also shocking...but good learning lesson for all involved. You hunting any large mammals the rest of the season?

Reactions: Brian marable
Good stuff stevo...ca was surprisingly good to us this year...tuff time in AZ which was also shocking...but good learning lesson for all involved. You hunting any large mammals the rest of the season?

Matt,

After having the covid for the 1st 10 day days of the season, it was actually quite satisfying...Those same forkys may not be passed on with the stick & string... ;)

Matt,

After having the covid for the 1st 10 day days of the season, it was actually quite satisfying...Those same forkys may not be passed on with the stick & string... ;)
Uggh!!! The wife had the RONA also..fever..chills..lost taste and smell..lasted about a week...this was in april...all good since...hope you are well my friend and it treated you lightly like the Mrs...come on A22!!!

I dont let deer pass with my bow! Not good enough yet! And yes brandon and i will be going to arizona in jan. Guna miss out on December do to work!

Tag soup in the 16 for me as well... unfortunately life and work got in the way in a major way this season but what can you do. Freezer full of antelope from a Oct UT hunt definitely helps softens the blow. Already looking forward to next season.

Uggh!!! The wife had the RONA also..fever..chills..lost taste and smell..lasted about a week...this was in april...all good since...hope you are well my friend and it treated you lightly like the Mrs...come on A22!!!

Yep...Same for me and all good now...Not being able to smell or taste was the worst...I'm a big fan of food... :joy:

Tag soup here as well. Made a play on a buck at 600 yards the evening of the opener but another hunter who we hadn’t seen shot twice from another ridge and missed before I was able to close the gap (I would’ve missed anyways because I had unknowingly bumped my rifle off zero the night before). Probably saw 20-30 does this season but no bucks other than opening day. Overall had a fun season and feel like I learned a lot.

I share your guys experience as well. I saw more hunters than does, more does than bucks, and more balloons & trash than scrapes. I've had zero luck in 16. I spent every weekend this season in CNF & BLM. Sat through rain & light snow. The only shots I took this year were of sunsets & sunrise's lol! It's tough staying motivated when you're going solo.
All that said, I'm looking forward to next season. Im motivated to punch a tag in this zone. Also planning to try my luck with an out of state draw. Good luck to everyone with an A22 tag!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu