D16 walkabout 8/1/21

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Got some scouting in today and man did it get warm quick. Hiked an area I previously shot a deer and found a decent fork bedded down in the thick stuff with his velvet covers on. Also found this weather balloon radiosonde which is pretty cool since it's the first time for me. It gives instructions to return it but the bag/postage fell off. Anyone ever send one in? I'd like to learn more about it and I bet my kids would geek out with it too. Cheers, happy Sunday.

20210801_070559.jpg

20210801_102219.jpg

Heck ya dude!! That's prime specimen of a D16 Forky right there!! He'll be around the area... Come season put him in the pack and send the pics!

Got some scouting in today and man did it get warm quick. Hiked an area I previously shot a deer and found a decent fork bedded down in the thick stuff with his velvet covers on. Also found this weather balloon radiosonde which is pretty cool since it's the first time for me. It gives instructions to return it but the bag/postage fell off. Anyone ever send one in? I'd like to learn more about it and I bet my kids would geek out with it too. Cheers, happy Sunday.

View attachment 49874

View attachment 49875
Solid work @SurfNHuntSD. Very productive Sunday.

Nice work Jason. It's weird how they always seem to be looking right at the camera.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

View attachment 49874

View attachment 49875
I found one of those up by McCains a few years back we mailed it in. I remember the one I found smelled like sulfur.

well done looks like one forky is going to the dinner table this coming season . Look up the online link and let them know you found that they will get back with you.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu