D19 and Coues buck by Ed F.

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
Ed finished up my D19 buck and did a great job on the antler repair and euro for my Coues buck.

I threw the D19 buck on the wall where another SoCal buck lives just to get some photos, it doesn’t go well in that spot though.

My Coues buck from this year broke off his right antler when he rolled down the hill. Ed fixed it very well. There was a big chunk of missing bone and I can see it because I know where it was broken but you have to look very closely to notice where the filler went in. I haven’t posted a write up from that hunt... I started writing it and left it for a while and the post disappeared on the site. I haven’t found the motivation to rewrite it. This buck has a ton of character, bladed with almost perfectly matching cheaters. Really cool deer. The buck above in the third photo is the other Coues I took out of that area.

Thanks Kallen and congrats. I have to admit... repairing that monster coues scared me... wasn't much to work with. Ed F

Kellen did you put a tape on that coues? Had to break 100 right.

I never measured it. I think it’s more impressive character-wise than overall inches. The other Coues is probably bigger. I’ve never learned to field judge in that way, I just look for something that gets me excited and I go for it.

And that’s a cool picture Ed, I didn’t realize the whole thing got bleached. It makes sense. Probably pretty tough to color match the filler otherwise.

Oh WOW... and you had to do some Ortophedic surgery too? Dang! Golf-Clap!!! "Strong work" there Ed F!

Curious... what kind of adhesive works good for that application? Just... what? Liquid Nails? Or...??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu