Dad is looking for a guide or ranch for hog

U

uplandfam

Hello all,
My dad is in his early 60's and in decent shape, However he can not hike hills and mountains all day like he used to. Does any one have a guide or a Ranch that caters to older guys that may need a mule or atv ride into the field? he is not looking for a stand where people bring the pigs to eat at the feeder and put targets on them at 50 yards. He is looking for a good hog or wild pig hunt. We live in the north LA county area so any place north south east or west upto about 250 miles? or so?

Thanks guys.

Happy hunting.

Tejone ranch ..... One of the most epic places iv ever been !

Neil Ray - Giant Sequoia Guide Service. Give him a call. You and your dad will gain an unforgettable memory as a result.

(559) 359-6166

What's your budget?

Tejon is not real good right now they seem to be going thru some tuff times.

BUDGET??? well he stopped taking cruises due to all the stuff going on in the world so know he can concentrate on actually paying for hunting tripps instead of stumbling around the woods for days on end and having to shoot a jack rabbit just to pull the trigger.

Soo budget depends on the trip but a day maybe 4-500 ish? also depending on the pig or hog. but for multiple days with food and lodging could be up to 2000 This is just for him im still broke and hunting upland game since i can find them easily and get more shots of with my wife, kids and new dog.

We tried tajon ranch and filled out the form online for can't acting them. Never heard back. Also took the other guys several weeks to finally talk to them in the phone and was kinda rude to dad when he would not book the date right away so he is still looking. He is having sgort stroke issues with is new lr243 so he has to get that worked out anyway before making plans.

If those 2 didn't work for you guys you might try Hogs Wild. Its about a 6 hour drive from San Diego and they have a few options. If you want to pay a little more they will set you up right. But I would try Giant Sequoia again. They are a serious guide service. Don't be discouraged if they don't seem over polite on the phone. Your dealing with hardcore hog hunters, not some customer service rep that was trained to dazzle you over the phone. I have quite a few buddies that have hunted with them and they get it done. Check out some of the posts here by Neil Ray. He will prob be the guy you hunt with. Good luck.

sounds good thax I looked them up web site looks good. I do a lot of work in paso robles and atascadero so i know the area. Ill give them a call.

Invisible man said:
But I would try Giant Sequoia again. They are a serious guide service. Don't be discouraged if they don't seem over polite on the phone. Your dealing with hardcore hog hunters, not some customer service rep that was trained to dazzle you over the phone. I have quite a few buddies that have hunted with them and they get it done. Check out some of the posts here by Neil Ray. He will prob be the guy you hunt with. Good luck.
Neil is a no-nonsense pro who works pretty much without staff. He's usually out in the field either hunting or scouting. That makes phone contact a little sparse, but the hunt is what it's all about.

Sent via Tapatalk

I totally 100% understand about Neil. I hve run my own business's and know all about being busy. From everything I hve tea he is. Great guy with great results but if I can't get someone on email and phone is hard to get connected, and then when I do it's not a food experience I can't really be sold out on that person to spend my family very hard earned money.

I have however already heard back from the new suggestion with nothing but good results for a food price for a few days I hunt with lodging. To each his own and every one has a fit. That's why we ask on forums like this for different opinions an options.

Sounds like a great outfit. I'm sure he'll have a great hunt

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu