Deer Research Project Help

The only Time San Diego has good antler growth was after the fires. I would say most of California has bad management. We don’t supply drinkers no prescribed burns etc. not to mention lions run rampant.

There are no antler restrictions beyond forked horn. One of many reasons we don't see larger deer on a regular basis.

East county San Diego.
What happened to all the deer?

Hahahaha

Deer every where in East county, just buy some decent bino’s and tri-pod. Quit trying to jimmy rig that pos your messing with.

I’d argue over 75 % of Deer harvested in San Diego county are out of the south eastern part of the county.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Hahahaha

Deer every where in East county, just buy some decent bino’s and tri-pod. Quit trying to jimmy rig that pos your messing with.

I’d argue over 75 % of Deer harvested in San Diego county are out of the south eastern part of the county.
But stk what do you mean.
There is no deer in East county.
And quit picking on my fancy setup bro. All the deer are in North county,
Lol
Leave me alone bra IAM old lol

4739805d44b5338c15c8f559ffe50db4.jpg

e762c1ced01a50d91f98084aebad7a64.jpg

Lots of forkys taken on Camp Pendleton but there were a few 3x3 and one 4x4 taken that dressed out at 150lbs. I think the ones in the picks may have lived through the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig
Hey Stk I love brother but I been hunting these hills since 1970, brother. And there isn't deer like there use to be. Now I am sure that can be argued
And is very subjective.
But I seen development kick the
Sh__t out the deer habitat.
Most of the deer are on private.
Hey but what the heck.
My issue isn't my eyes bro it's my
Legs. I use to be a freaking mountain goat. And killed deer with a peep sight. Like I said I love ya man lol.

Reactions: msailor
I could not agree more. Deer are managed and they maintain the old and new guzzlers on the base. They are also asking hunters to take more does even though it is not a requirement.

I wish I could hunt that place, my neighbor hunts it’s. Pretty epic from what Iv seen!.

I’d love to get out and glass with you bud if that’s an option out there

I wish I could hunt that place, my neighbor hunts it’s. Pretty epic from what Iv seen!.

I’d love to get out and glass with you bud if that’s an option out there

That is definitely a possibility as I can bring a guest. But there are days were we have not seen any deer it’s still a challenge. My daughter refers to it as hiking with guns!

My personal observation of deer are not as plentiful as little as 20 years ago.
To much of the land has hiking and biking trails. Snow bunnies trashing
And not respecting the woods.
While I enjoy hiking like everyone else there's to many people
Developement encroaching more and more out.
I use to hunt Alpine areas, peutz Valley , Loveland outer areas, japatul, Jamul, and on.
A lot of it was BLM, NF but was sold or traded off. Thus my comment above. Surprisingly these areas still have a lotta of deer. But are now private or land locked.

Reactions: msailor
There was a timeI had honey holes were I didn't have to hike deep in.
And I would see lots of deer.
And I would get a buck almost every year. It still wasn't easy. But easier.
Hiking deep to me is a multi day trip
Camping out one or two days.
Then hike back. More than 5 miles.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu