Deer Tag Question

Baldkrash

Aug 4, 2013
I apologize if the answer to this question is obvious. I have an OTC D14 tag. On the wildlife.ca.com website it shows an archery season (Sept 2-Sept 24) for Archery and then the General season.

Do i need an Archery specific tag for D14 for the Sept Archery season? Or is my Regular D14 tag good for those dates with Archery Only??

I apologize if the answer to this question is obvious. I have an OTC D14 tag. On the wildlife.ca.com website it shows an archery season (Sept 2-Sept 24) for Archery and then the General season.

Do i need an Archery specific tag for D14 for the Sept Archery season? Or is my Regular D14 tag good for those dates with Archery Only??

Just remember you can't bring Cooper with you during archery season. I've been out scouting d14 the last few weeks.. We should have a good season.

Reactions: Holster Craft
That early season can be OK......The bucks are normally getting hard horned by then and even though these aren't whitetails, they are marking an area.....Find a water or food source with does......Young bucks may not be far behind.....;)

ps.....Worse part of D-16 are the flies!

. trail cam 9-10-12 014.JPG trail cam 9-10-12 026.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Just remember you can't bring Cooper with you during archery season. I've been out scouting d14 the last few weeks.. We should have a good season.
Cooper is not ready anyway. I cant seem to get him to come back when he runs off.

I may save my D14 for the rifle season since I have an A31 for archery.

Thanks for the feedback.

That early season can be OK......The bucks are normally getting hard horned by then and even though these aren't whitetails, they are marking an area.....Find a water or food source with does......Young bucks may not be far behind.....;)

ps.....Worse part of D-16 are the flies!

. View attachment 30305 View attachment 30306
You said it right the flies,mosquitoes,those yellow flies bite piss me off. but when it gets cooler they seem to chill out more.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu