Desert bighorn Sheep hunt in unit 10 California

Should I have a following story of the highlights of this sheep hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We don’t care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
So I am starting this post because I am lucky enough to know someone that drew the new sheep unit in Barstow and will be helping and aiding him along the way. He is 82 years old and it will be a challenging hunt due to his age and medical conditions but much the less it should be a great time.

We are all going to the orientation in a couple weeks and then we will be doing some scouting in the following weeks.

Much the less I was making this post to see who would enjoy me making post as well as posting pictures along the way? Also I will be posting on my Instagram and I’m hoping to be able to video tape and edit the hunt and post it on YouTube.

My Instagram handle
Sagemuleys_brad
& / or
Sagemuleys_apparel

Wow... 82 mulling around the hills in Barstow? That's gotta be tough. I'd think you'd want to immediately begin getting his nutrition routine and fitness regimen as good as you can get it between now and then. Hope he gets to make it happen!

Reactions: baboltin
Awesome looks like everyone would be interested so look forward to me posting as much as I can.

Reactions: TheGDog
Wow... 82 mulling around the hills in Barstow? That's gotta be tough. I'd think you'd want to immediately begin getting his nutrition routine and fitness regimen as good as you can get it between now and then. Hope he gets to make it happen!
Yeah that is the goal he had a stroke a couple years ago so he can’t walk great but he is walking more and more each and everyday on flat ground to try and be able to be more mobile but it is going to be a very tough hunt to say the least. Just getting him in position to shoot a ram will be a task then hopefully he hits the ram, if he misses he may not get another opportunity at one.

Hey bud what are the dates ?? If I can swing a few days, I would love to come up and help glass if you guys need extra eyes.

Reactions: baboltin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu