DOG BEDS

Smokey58

May 10, 2018
Howdy All:
I'm on my third bird dog and will be picking him up from training this week. My previous dogs and the present one all destroyed their beds within the first week so I started buying scraps of new carpet at carpet shops but they make a mess after a while as well. I would like to know what you fellow bird dog owners use as beds. My dog is so bad at chewing that he chewed the crap out of the doggie door flap and I had to make a second flap which also started getting chewed.
Thank you kindly
M

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I don't have a bird dog but my American Bulldog loved to chew everything as a pup, including the bed. I'd correct her when she'd chew her bed and give her bones/antlers to redirect her attention so she'd learn what's ok to chew. Be consistent and stick with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for input. The chewing is always early in the morning so we can't notice and correct it. I have given him antlers and such but pointers are chewing fiends. My other concern is keeping him warm in winter even if he sleeps inside .

Far from being a dog trainer.
My thoughts are also to give him chew bones and toys
My previous labs grew out of it after a while. They would chew on everything. House, roses, you name it.
Best
Longbow

Reactions: Smokey58
LongBow, my previous pointer ate up a small fortune in hoses and $30 rose bushes and then I had to hear it from the wife....
I plan to overwhelm this dog with chew stuff.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu