Dove opener awaits

This post made my year... 25 days and counting....sweet jesus thank you!! **by the way..i like the 3rd one from the right in the second row...beast of a bird for sure, mounter..life size flyer with some habitat?**

And just think, Matty....You live in dovey haven..….:yum

They no where to come for the dove love...my garage

Reactions: Poore Boy
I had a great spot for morning dove in CNF. Then some 20 somethings jumped it and the next year I went there were 10 effing trucks parked there. NObody went there for years.. Ruined... So I mine as well tell you where it was at. I have to travel a long ways to get there, and if I can't shoot without getting peppered by buck shot I don't wanna go If you live close to Julian here ya go. Morning shoots are AMAZING and EVENING shoots are totally insane I mean you can't load fast enough. Its good for the full two weeks. Hope some of you take advantage of week night hunts next month. Good Luck!

Attachments

• dovehole.JPG
    dovehole.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 90
I know where im headed for the opener!! Thanks dude!!

Be careful with dogs out there I've heard too many stories over the years about dogs dying from heat. By the time most folks notice that there dog is heat stressed it is quite often too late. Keep the dog in the shade as much as possible swim him often if you can and have a cooler full of ice and trash bags in case you have to get him in the truck and with the ac on and pack ice on him . Steve, That would be a Pudlepointer awesome breed, my wife apprenticed under a fellow named Bodo Winterhelt who brought them to the sates in the 50's

Be careful with dogs out there I've heard too many stories over the years about dogs dying from heat. By the time most folks notice that there dog is heat stressed it is quite often too late. Keep the dog in the shade as much as possible swim him often if you can and have a cooler full of ice and trash bags in case you have to get him in the truck and with the ac on and pack ice on him . Steve, That would be a Pudlepointer awesome breed, my wife apprenticed under a fellow named Bodo Winterhelt who brought them to the sates in the 50's

I like them, Fred....Came dang close to getting one last year....Just hard for me to pull away from my beloved labs.

ps....When Fred says let them swim....BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL IN THE IV WITH CANALS....MORE THAN ONE DOG HAS LOST THEIR LIVES BEING SUCKED UNDER A DROP OR ROAD....Saw it a couple years back....Can be dangerous for the dog owner too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu