Dove Opener weekend

Mudhen

Aug 5, 2019
I have been out hunting dove in El Centro with my dad (MAG1) since I was 6, I'm 20 now. This weekend was my fifth dove opener, my dad made me skip last year since it was my first year at college. Always have a blast with my dad and this year was no exception. We met up at the hotel on Saturday and did a warm-up first. We ended up with about 30-40 birds. All of us sweating and dying of heat but still had fun. The next two days were even better. Sunday we went out and dad, of course, outshot all of us but what's new. None of us finished our limits in the morning like we usually do but the afternoon we cleaned up and all of us got our limits and then some with the euros. It was a nice break from college and even better spending time with my dad out there and my best friend's dad, Richard. Also, another plus is he didn't get shot this year, I say it was because he brought me with him this time.

.IMG_1796.JPGIMG_1795.JPGIMG_1789.JPGIMG_1791.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Remington, it was good to see y'all out there that Saturday afternoon!
Good pics, good times!
-Robert

Congrats on the great father-daughter relationship. Nothing like outdoor activities to build the bonds. Special.

Outstanding! It was great to have my daughter back out there this year too. She also started college last year and had to move in on opening weekend...

Reactions: ilovesprig
Outstanding! It was great to have my daughter back out there this year too. She also started college last year and had to move in on opening weekend...
Yeah it sucks at times but it was awesome to be out there again.

Glad you all had a blast, the heat/humidity was intense. Did I mention that one of the spots you guys hunted was my stomping grounds as a kid (34 yrs ago) , I would walk out there from home and stay all day under them salt cedar until I got my limit. The good ole days of walking down the street with a shotgun and the sheriff would just wave hi.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu