Dove recipes

Pluck birds whole. cook over mesquite. Baste with a 50% butter 50% worcestershire. Your welcome.....................PLUCK BIRDS WHOLE!!!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Dove breast tossed in flour S&P and a pinch of cayenne. Heat oil of choice, I use olive oil, add rosemary. Add coated breast to hot oil, cook covered until almost done, then add half cup of adult beverage of choice, replace lid and steam for about one minute. I use a Wok for this recipe. This recipe has been the one we use every year for the past twenty years the eve, of Sept 1.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Dove breast tossed in flour S&P and a pinch of cayenne. Heat oil of choice, I use olive oil, add rosemary. Add coated breast to hot oil, cook covered until almost done, then add half cup of adult beverage of choice, replace lid and steam for about one minute. I use a Wok for this recipe. This recipe has been the one we use every year for the past twenty years the eve, of Sept 1.
Sounds good! Are you using the whole breast, bone and all or just the filets?

We eat a lot of the jalepeno,cream cheese bacon wrapped dove poppers both on the grill and in the oven. The last couple of years I have been making KFD (Kentucky Fried Dove) and the guys really like it. Just google KFC copycat recipe which is basically flour and the secret 11 herbs and spices...adjust as you like. I take the boneless breast fillets and give them a whack with the meat hammer to tenderize them a bit. Then soak in salt water and rinse to remove as much blood as possible. You can repeat as needed depending on how much time you have. Then soak in buttermilk for a couple hours or overnight. Shake off excess buttermilk, toss in KFC mix and fry until brown. Serve with whatever dipping sauces you like. We use honey mustard, bbq, ranch and sriracha mayo. I serve this as an appetizer on September 1 while the bacon wrapped breasts are on the grill! Bon appetite! Good luck out there -Mark

We eat a lot of the jalepeno,cream cheese bacon wrapped dove poppers both on the grill and in the oven. The last couple of years I have been making KFD (Kentucky Fried Dove) and the guys really like it. Just google KFC copycat recipe which is basically flour and the secret 11 herbs and spices...adjust as you like. I take the boneless breast fillets and give them a whack with the meat hammer to tenderize them a bit. Then soak in salt water and rinse to remove as much blood as possible. You can repeat as needed depending on how much time you have. Then soak in buttermilk for a couple hours or overnight. Shake off excess buttermilk, toss in KFC mix and fry until brown. Serve with whatever dipping sauces you like. We use honey mustard, bbq, ranch and sriracha mayo. I serve this as an appetizer on September 1 while the bacon wrapped breasts are on the grill! Bon appetite! Good luck out there -Mark
What time should we be over. That sounds damm good. Going to have to try the KFC style this year

Im gonna have to try that plucking a dove whole thing...thats some serious dedication to the little fella for sure..no man left behind. When we dove, we also do the jalapeno and cream cheese bacon wrap...and them boys can eat.

No Dove in this one, I just thought I would show one of the meals we will be having. Shrimp Jambalaya. I'll add shrimp to individual servings because, if I add it now it's to over powering.

Attachments

• Jambalaya.jpg
    Jambalaya.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
How long do you soak them in salt water?

Poppers are a Labor Day tradition, but if I've got a lot to cook up I'll also mix it up with some grilled teriyaki skewers.. marinated dove breasts, pineapple, mushroom and onion. Also done chili with dove and duck. This year I might try some in the smoker.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu