DOVE SPOT RUINED!!!

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
While out scouting for dove with my trusty snow camo 300wm...this big dummy flushed from the roost tree behind him..scaring every bird out of the country!! gonna be a tuff Tuesday folks...uggh..I hate calicos..couple of forkys messing around under that tree also..gonna be a long week..DSC02396.JPG

Stevo...with out that custom bell &carlson snow camo stock in that terrain...id of never been able to get close!! I owe it all to the pattern...and im thinking some good decoys in the roost tree might do the trick also...gonna scout it out the next few days to see if i can figure these damn dove out!! Damn hogs and bucks keep gettin in the way!!

• Haha
Reactions: YETI and ilovesprig
We've got a week of gun hunting hogs and bucks...then its back down south for the archery opener and bear closer..and lets not forget fellas..the real reason im doing all this....cant get that DOVE of my mind! Im been assured access to some prime habitat if i can help get rid of some of these bucks and hogs...gonna keep my eye on the prize..

Damn, do you only shoot the extremely ugly ones?
Never met a pretty hog yet buddy....well, there was that one time back in college...but its not talked about anymore...still have nightmares of that fateful night...and have a back injury as a direct result from that encounter that i struggle with this very day...

It didn't look like the boys were around. Did you have to get out of the truck and get that thing yourself???

This is actually a work function this week, no knuckleheads ...sadly i do have to touch these sorts of things sometimes...he did not go to far from the roost tree..where there is a road!!! Easy recovery...a lucky guy... bout another hour and im getting up off the couch here in the marriot and leaving the AC to go out there again..i got a feeling a forky may get it tonight..new crew coming tommorow night...dudes getting impatient..standby fellas..

Reactions: YETI and MAG 1
I remember a few I did battle with over in Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Morocco and by far most memorable were the ones in YUGOSLAVIA, OH YA MAMA.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Nothin' wrong with those big women...Warm in the winter and shade in the summer... :blush:
We had no idea what to expect when we got into port, actually anchored In the bay. I was on one of the first liberty boats to head for shore. What a beautiful place. The first thing I thought was, it must be illegal to but ugly in this place, Dubrovnik Yugoslavia, some of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. The second thing was, there were no billboards cluttering the country side. The most beautiful place I had ever been. and, I had been to a lot of places. The only reason we were allow to visit a communist ruled country was, we were the flag ship of the Sixth fleet, which was, we carried the Admiral who commanded the entire sixth fleet.
USN 68-72 The USS Little Rock CLG-4. USN 68-72. Now I'm just an old salt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu