Dove - without bacon!

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
i didn't intend to make a post but I took some photos in the off chance that my idea actually came out well. Wife and daughter both loved it so I feel it was a success.
IMG_1606.JPG

Tenderized some breast halves (Sprig's tenderizer recommendation - thx)
IMG_1607.JPG

Marinated for around 6 hours.
IMG_1608.JPG

Chopped some zucchini, broccoli, and green onions. Mixed olive oil and put in grilling pan.
IMG_1610.JPG

Quartered each dove half after marinating.
IMG_1609.JPG

Added seasoning salt to the oiled veggies and put on grill. Stirred every few minutes.

IMG_1611.JPG

When the veggies were nearly done I moved them to the side, sprayed oil on pan, then added dove and stirred them often. Only took a few minutes to cook the small chunks.

IMG_1612.JPG

Wife steamed some rice and jullienned some carrots while I was grilling.

Placed veggies and dove on rice, added carrots, drizzled some teriyaki over everything, added sesame seeds. Finished product:

IMG_1613.JPG

Came out as a really yummie teriyaki bowl, better than I had hoped. Next time I'll quarter the dove before marinating, otherwise no changes. Bon' appetite'

Kevin,

Can't find the thread, but here are the photos....Jaccard breast with carne rub on them....I then use garlic pepper on the other side and Jaccard that side as well....Cook medium well in olive oil....Then chop into small pieces....Put into burrito with condiments of choice.

ps.....Did the same thing with rabbit.....Delish!

.004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

The stir fry must have been amazing. Thanks for taking time to post. I like the fact that it was done on the grill.

Glad i just had lunch or I would be hungry. looks good.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu