Duck loads

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Got drawn for Wister 11/1 and can't find any 12ga duck loads anywhere...

Anyone know of anywhere around San Diego that might have some?? Big 5 and Turner's don't seem to have any.

Learn to reload.thats what i do when i have problems.
I always have extra reloads just in case.2 cents

Heow do you prove your reloads are non-toxic?
Team Roper, how do you prove your loads are non-toxic? Thinking of doing the same for quail and dove loads.

Heow do you prove your reloads are non-toxic?

Team Roper, how do you prove your loads are non-toxic? Thinking of doing the same for quail and dove loads.
When you get checked by the warden they will have a magnet if you load steel the magnet will stick to the shell then your all good.

The new fed. warden down at Cibola had a type of scanning device that he used to check for lead and unleaded not a magnet.

Yea been there done that.had one warden GREEN. Funny i remembered his name. Came to the blind at wister took all my ammo back to his truck and brought them all back 2 hrs later.wtf. that happened.
The device is a box with a hole in it.if the lite goes red. They u get a ticket. And yes i had one round of lead left over from quail in my pouch at kern got a 300 dollar ticket fer a fuk up.live and learn.
So be careful triple check yer gear. Hope yall learned something from my mistakes.
It happens it will.

Last edited:
I think Green was the dipshit that got fired for being a dipshit. Don't quote me on that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu