Duck Tamales

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
My wife has been making tamales for a few years now and this year she out did herself..I was given some duck breats this season and mentioned to her that I was told you can make tamales with duck and since she was already going to make some she was up for making some out of duck!

20201211_160558.jpg

20201211_182511.jpg
Duck breasts on a bed of onions with some cloves of garlic and stock in the pressure cooker. Shredded apart like beef..

2241.jpg
Molé sauce inspired from my grandmother's recipe. 2 types of dried chilies, toasted cumin, pumpkin and sesame seeds and a few other ingredients.

20201213_214023.jpg

20201213_214609.jpg
My wife ended up making 3 types of Tamales.
From left to right..
Rajas con queso (roasted poblano peppers, panela and Oaxaca cheese ) Turkey, and Duck.

Special thanks to @ilovesprig for sharing the duck and giving me the idea to make tamales and of course my wife for making them!

George,

Thank you...They were delish...Took them to the family Christmas party and came home with zero...lol

ps...The rice was the best I've ever had.
My pleasure Steve I'm glad to hear the Tamales were a hit..I sure am lucky my wife is a great cook and will be happy to hear you enjoyed the rice! I told her she has perfected it recently..She makes a mean pot of beans also.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu