Earth quakes suck

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
About ten ago we got a real sharp loud jolt followed by another louder one. Lasted about 15 seconds altogether. At first I thought someone had tried to kick in my front door so I grabbed the 9 MM I borrowed from a friend just eight years ago. Only an earth quake.

• Haha
Reactions: garlicsalt
1979 I was only 5 but I sure do remember playing in the backyard and a 6.5 hit... I ran all the way to the front of the house and joined my crying siblings. 2010 I was drinking some brewskis with the buddies and the 7.2 hit. At first it was all laughs and sh!t got serious quick. It was a trip to see cars bouncing up n down, glass shattering, ladies and kids crying. Yup, quakes suck and the IV has seen a few big ones hit.

Reactions: ilovesprig
1979 I was only 5 but I sure do remember playing in the backyard and a 6.5 hit... I ran all the way to the front of the house and joined my crying siblings. 2010 I was drinking some brewskis with the buddies and the 7.2 hit. At first it was all laughs and sh!t got serious quick. It was a trip to see cars bouncing up n down, glass shattering, ladies and kids crying. Yup, quakes suck and the IV has seen a few big ones hit.
Crazy that you bring up those 2 quakes.
Both of those quakes I was standing within 20’ of the same spot when they hit.
79 visiting my grand parents in their house.
2010 31 years later my grand parents have past my mom owns the house and I’m standing in almost the same spot.
Gives me chills

Just hope I’m not sitting in a duck blind in the IV when a big one hits

They say we're sitting on a big fault out there. If there's a way to go out, I'd like it to be while duck hunting on the shitty Salton Sea.
So, is it true if you fell into the Salton Sea it would be like falling into Hydrofluoric acid? Heard it from the friend of a guy who use to live next to a guy who lives in Prescott.

So, is it true if you fell into the Salton Sea it would be like falling into Hydrofluoric acid? Heard it from the friend of a guy who use to live next to a guy who lives in Prescott.
Probably.. who knows but sounds exciting. When I freelance I often hunt right near the boiling pots so I'd be the first to go. Last couple seasons I've ran into USGS geologists that paddle out there to check on it. I always tell em to kick up some birds for the boys lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu