East County Drive About....2-14-21

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
After surviving "Super Bowl Sunday, I was wide awake at 4:30 am...So, let's do a drive about in the "16"......... :blush:

Started about 30 minutes from home and got what I wanted to hear & see with the old peacock call...Cluck, cluck, Gobble, gobble...From there, it was haul a$$ to the next spot...Distant gobbles, but nothing from the traditional roost...That would be a trend all morning...Saw one flock of 49 hens and jenny's and not a single tom with them...WITW!...Did hear a couple of gobbles, but never found them...Couple miles away, saw 3 jakes roaming...Appears there's some dispersal, but not if there's hens with no big boys hanging with them looking for love...:heart:

I had a strange thing happen...Frigging woodpecker, pecked out the lens of my best located trail cam...So, I had like 2000 pix...Mostly, the $hithead pecking the camera...Toast! ...:dizzy:

A few deer were seen, but not big numbers...Probably just that time of year...Although, almost every person I talked to said they had seen lions on their property...At least, I didn't seen any bobcats this time...:rolleyes:

The other thing I haven't seen many of had been ground squirrels...Yesterday, was different...Cows had eaten a lot of the grass down (& little rain)...So, it was easy to seen them...The CZ .17 HMR was on the money, as a number of them met their maker...:dizzy:

Overall a good morning...Although, a little concerned on pure numbers of turkeys in my best areas...Lake Henshaw area seems to be good though...MCC guys should be happy with that.

How about a few pix?......:grinning:

.IMG_4655.JPGIMG_4666.JPGIMG_0450 (1).JPGIMG_0457 (2).JPGIMG_0489.JPGIMG_0553.JPGIMG_0382.JPGIMG_0566.JPGIMG_4662.JPGIMG_4660.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu