East County Drive About...8-23-21

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Found hard horned and velvet bucks...This golden eagle was scavenging on a doe carcass...It had been drug from under a oak...Probably a lion kill...Also saw more poults in one day, than I have seen all summer...Doves were still plentiful, but many less than before the big rains (2 1/2") in the San Felipe/Ranchita area...Even mixed a few bass from a local pond.

I also set up my new cellular trail cam...Need to move it apparently...One deer pic in 2 days.

.IMG_3883.JPGlion kill 8-23-21.JPGIMG_3886.JPGIMG_3904.JPGIMG_3909.JPGWGI_0014 (1).JPGWGI_0002 (2).JPGWGI_0101.JPGIMG_3920.JPGMatagui pond 8-21.JPG

Nice looking bass from the pond.

Mark,

Learned something about throwing frogs...I had at least 10 blow-ups...And I didn't hook a single one...I was using a light bait caster with light mono...Just not enough backbone and maybe too much stretch in the line...Heavier tipped rod and braid needed.

ps...Recognize this spot?...About 3 or 4 hens with about 20+ poults.

.IMG_3892.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu