eastern sierra trout or more turkey

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
To start I know the current climate anand just want to avoid any comments based of my actions because last time I checked this was still the United states and being a veteran I will continue to live by my oath.

ok so anyways, this weekend is suppose to be fishmas. but as of today the year round spots of the 395 are still open. Inyo, Mono and Alpine counties look to postpone the trout opener.

If that's the case this trip might turn into a turkey hunt. It that comes to past and all fishing is closed in those counties and I choose not to fish the walker on NV side then does anyone know some hot tips for anything in the middle of california for turkey. doesn't have to be to specific. just a starting point.

public land preferred!

Thanks guys. stay safe.

Attachments

• VID_66230328_071557_085.mp4
    2 MB
towards west end of HWY 20 before you hit the 99.. Check out areas along Yuba River, excellent spots all over.
Or if you're coming from the 80, near Roclklin or El Dorado area have always been successful for me.

I'm going to get out and hop some spots in upper American river if I can find parking were I don't get a ticket.sucks because I always go hit the east and west Carson. Some good advice from the posts above on the turkey if you go that way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sdhunt17
towards west end of HWY 20 before you hit the 99.. Check out areas along Yuba River, excellent spots all over.
Or if you're coming from the 80, near Roclklin or El Dorado area have always been successful for me.
Thanks for the recommendation. found a WA that holds turkey! few toms slipped past us this weekend but was able to locate and get familiar the area. deffinantly putting in for some lottery hunts up here and coming back for general.

Attachments

• 20200426_065049.jpg
    20200426_065049.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200425_095135.jpg
    20200425_095135.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 37

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu