Elk roast

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
Although I wasn’t successful on my deer hunt this year, I traded some yellowfin to my brother for some Wyoming elk. The wife crushed it with this elk roast last night!
f903b688b4c641181561a56177db0b34.jpg
aeab52b5a8f160205ddc2bec2603c1a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks great, make a perfect Christmas Eve meal. Break out full bodied Cab...
I'm partial to reductions of jelly, balsamic, wine and meat juices whenever we make any roast, but thats just the Jaeger Hund in me.:yum

Reactions: Ocurtis
Wow that looks great, make a perfect Christmas Eve meal. Break out full bodied Cab...
I'm partial to reductions of jelly, balsamic, wine and meat juices whenever we make any roast, but thats just the Jaeger Hund in me.:yum

My wife made some sort of red wine reduction, it was incredible. Has an open bottle of 19 crimes, she used that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smokey58
The only bad thing about making a reduction is having to stir for about 15 minutes when you're hungry. I just drink wine while stirring the reduction to get it to thicken up....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu