Entertaining the idea of raffling off hunting related gear etc.

Would you play raffle games for quality hunting gear?

• Yes

Votes: 27 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

SCH1

Like us on Facebook!
Sep 27, 2012
Southern California
schoutdoors.com
SCH is entertaining the idea of having some online raffles for cool hunting gear (clothing, scopes, packs, archery gear, etc). This can be fun and it also helps support our site. The game entry price would be based on the item etc. ($10 on up). There would be a set number associated to each player of each game per entry If you get 3 entries your given 3 numbers. When the game is full, a random number generator (with time stamp) would pick the winning number. This video would be posted for all to see for each game played. Further info to follow on how to pay, rules, minis, etc.

Is this something folks would be interested in?

Respond to the poll but comments are welcome.

Reactions: DirtNapCity
I've run many kinds of raffles (silent, live, & general) for groups like CWA, NWTF, DU. PF, etc.....It can be a slippery slope.....Fun, but can be costly and time consuming to the person who's running the raffles.....Cost of item and participation are the keys.

I'd say give it a try, if it helps the site.

It would be nice to have a raffle here n there . Only issue I see is that the site participation seems to be on the low side, well maybe we have a bunch of lurkers that might buy a raffle ticket. I usually see the same 10-15 guys posting. Maybe the "raffle items" don't need to triple it's profit but just enough to cover the item cost and have a lil' extra for the site. Oh wait, do you guys also have Facebook, insta & twitter.... that would probably be enough traffic to make the raffle successful? Anywho… just thinking out loud guys.

I’d support it for sure,

Also for the guys who havnt been around the site that long (less then 1 year) , don’t mind the low traffic on the site , it booms come dove season till the end of February.

I am one of the new guys and agree with the comments above, it appears the large majority of activity is from a select few. Not insinuating this is a bad thing by any means. I'm also not on any other media's

Reactions: Loosenutswelding
I’d buy a ticket here and there if it helps the site, for sure. Raffle off a day trip with some of the hunting ringers on this site and I’m all in lol.

I may be thinking too far ahead with this... but out of curiosity, how would the logistics for this play out in terms of money being exchanged, prizes being claimed? I know many of us are in the San Diego area but there's a significant amount of folks in Riverside county, IE, OC, LA, etc. Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Alright @NBK your the only no vote so when do we get this party started.
Alright @NBK your the only no vote so when do we get this party started.
I confess, me being a being a black sheep , it was me LOL , maybe to pessimistic. In reality I like the Idea, I just don't see how logistically it would work with us not there in person. it would have to be in the honor system.

Reactions: TRICER
I may be thinking too far ahead with this... but out of curiosity, how would the logistics for this play out in terms of money being exchanged, prizes being claimed? I know many of us are in the San Diego area but there's a significant amount of folks in Riverside county, IE, OC, LA, etc. Just thinking out loud.

The money exchange would run through PayPal or Venmo. You reply to the game with how many slots you want and then pay for those slots immediately thereafter. You would then be given a number (numbers would be posted next to players name or handle). Lets say there are 20 numbers in that specific game and you bought two numbers. So if you were the 5th person to sign up you would get #5 and #6. Once the game is full, the random generator would pick a number from 1-20. If #6 hits, you win. The gear could either be picked up if local or shipped to the winner. SCH would pay shipping.

There are many games being played like this on facebook and it works very well.

sounds to me like we need a trial run... something not to crazy expensive so the members can see how it works and not risk too much coin? Just a thought. But great feedback from everyone!!

I would participate from time to time. Depending on what is to be raffled. I wouldn't buy a ticket for a hunt I couldn't afford to go to. Now $10 or $20 on an item that I could use or need. I'm all in.
I think post an item. State how many participants are needed. If enough people commit it's a go. Or post several items and let everyone pick and choose. When there are enough participants willing to buy in. Have a go at it. Just my 2 cents. Hope everyone has a great day.

Heck yeah... I can use a bow upgrade! hint hint

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu